The Prospects of Friendship:

Start from the beginning

"Anyhow Byleth, that is all we wished to speak with you about" Grandmother said "You should go and join Glenn and Sylvain for breakfast, they are already in the dining hall waiting" she added.

Byleth nodded, "Will do, thank you Grandmother" she said "I will see you both later in the evening" she added then left from Seteth's office.

Sweet Sothis, she can't believe they didn't know. It felt like every worry just melted away from her. Byleth smiled softly then went to join Glenn and Sylvain in the dining hall.

When Byleth arrived at the table both Glenn and Sylvain were quiet. Glenn sat there pushing around food on his plate, he looked up to Byleth as she approached them, "Oh, took you long enough" he said quietly.

Sylvain stared at her with wide eyes, "You didn't get in trouble did you, Byleth?" he asked in a loud whisper.

Byleth shook her head and set her food down besides his and then took a seat, "No" she said quietly "I thought I had but it had nothing to do with that" she added.

"Phew!" Sylvain sighed "When Lady Rhea told us that she needed to speak with you, we thought that you had gotten in trouble" he said.

Byleth nodded, "I thought so as well" she said "But I think Aelfric kept his word" she added.

"I still can't believe Glenn beat him up" Sylvain snickered.

A grin grew on Glenn's face, "Hey! In my defense I thought he was going to kill us" he said, "It was self-defense" he added "Plus he should be worried if a kid is able to overpower him like that" Glenn concluded.

Byleth shook her head, "You have a crest" she said "He more than likely doesn't" she added.

Glenn frowned, "So?" he said "It's just a crest, it does nothing" he declared "An adult should have had no problem overpowering a kid" he added.

Sylvain looked down at the table.

"I agree" Byleth said "But from what Grandmother has told me it is a big deal where you are from" she said "Also in the Adrestrian Empire and the Leicester Alliance" she added.

"That's stupid" Glenn replied, and Byleth nodded her head in agreement.

"So why did Lady Rhea ask you to meet with her so early?" Sylvain asked, changing the subject.

Byleth quickly took a bit of her food, "My Uncle's Sister is coming to the monastery for a couple of weeks" she said as soon as she swallowed her food.

Sylvain frowned, "Does that mean that you'll be spending your time with her instead of us?" he asked.

Byleth tilted her head in confusion, "Can't I spend time with all of you?" she questioned. She didn't really get Sylvain's concern on the matter.

"I guess" Sylvain huffed, "You promise you won't ditch us?" he asked.

Byleth nodded, "Of course" she said "Who else will spar with me" she added.

Glenn chuckled slightly at that remark, "Sylvain, you know we won't be here, forever right?" Glenn asked.

The younger boy's face grew red, "Well, yeah..." Sylvain murmured "But it doesn't change anything, Byleth already promised" he added then paused for a moment "Plus we'll be back again" Sylvain said "Oh! Maybe next time His Highness, Felix, and Ingrid will be with us"

Byleth furrows her eyebrows, "Felix and Ingrid?" she said in a questioning tone.

Glenn opens his mouth to speak but Sylvain beats him to it. "Felix is Glenn's Brother and Ingrid is Glenn's fiancée" Sylvain declares.

Byleth's eyes widen, "Oh my, you already have a betrothed?" she said, a little surprised.

Glenn was silent but nodded his head.

"I think you would like Ingrid Byleth, she's a lot like you" Sylvain said, "Actually scratch that" he said "You're nicer than Ingrid" he concluded.

Byleth wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not, "Uh, thanks?" she said in an unsure tone.

Sylvain smiled at her and Glenn kept his gaze on his food, Byleth was worried. The second the chance arose she would question him on what he saw in that room in the Abyss, she was certain that is what was plaguing his mind.

Author's note:

Hello everyone who reads this! I have some slightly bad news, I will be putting this story on a temporary hiatus, I am guessing that it will be for two to three weeks. worst case scenario four weeks. But once I am back I will be able to update this story more frequently if that's any consolation. I am drawing to the close of my first fanfic that I started and I wanted to invest my full energy into it's ending, I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Anyhow till then I guess?