Chapter four: Maybe this was a bad idea

"This is crazy!"

"No way!"

"It's too dangerous!"

They didn't like my idea.

"Why not? Nothing else is working!" I say, I didn't think my idea was that bad. Sure it was a risk, but risks are they only way we have at finding Henry.

"Why don't we try listing some things before we try the plan." Mary Margaret compromises. I think it over, it couldn't hurt

"Okay, but if it doesn't work, I using the plan."

The plan was simple, call Pan here and somehow convince him ( or trick, whichever comes first ) to help me with the map.

I sit down on a large rock and stare at the paper.

"My name is Courtney Mills."

Nothing

"My name is Courtney Swan."

Nothing

"I'd wager the solution to Pan's riddle is a bit more complicated than that." Hook tells me. I just sigh, hopeless

"Don't hold anything back." Mary Margaret tells me with a smile.

Easy for you to say, your not the one spilling your inner most thought here

I just nod and continue stating things about me.

"I'm Henry's twin."

Nothing

"I was adopted as a baby by Regina Mills."

Nothing

"I'm the daughter of Emma Swan."

Nothing

Huh? As much as don't like admitting that? Weird

"Umm..."

"Are you maybe leaving things out? Like specific details?" Mary Margaret tries to help.

I think really hard. I remember before the curse, about how I thought Henry was crazy about how the people around were fairytale characters only to find out he was right.

Maybe that's it

"Fairytales are real. I know that because my entire family are fairytale characters." I breath out.

I closed my eyes and counted

Three

Two

One

Nothing!

"What? I don't get it! There's nothing I've denied more than that!" I say confused. I look up, realizing I said that out loud. They're all staring at me. Guess they didn't know. Whoops

"Sorry, it's just, hard ... For me to wrap my head around. It's just," I pointed to Regina,"you're too nice to me, for me to be able to see you as the evil queen. And I spent my whole life thinking that Fairytales were just, well, Fairytales. I always thought I was in a dream or something, but being here, in Neverland, with Captain Hook, who has an actual hook, I'm starting to believe it more."

"No it's okay, don't be sorry. I did shield it from you for almost fourteen years." Regina said. I looked back down at the map again, hoping my confession worked.

Nothing

"Now can I use my plan?" I ask

There was a long pause, like an unspoken conversation was going on between the adults.

"Go ahead." Emma sighed

I take a deep breath

I hope this works

I exhale

I really, really hope this works

"PAN!" I yelled

Nothing

"PETER PAN! PAN! PETER! CREEPY ISLAND DUDE!" I added that hoping he would get offended and come to tell me off.

Nothing

"OKAY! SEEMS LIKE YOU DONT WANT HENRY SO WE'LL BE LEAVING! IT WAS UMM.... AWKWARD KNOWING YOU---"

"Did you really think that I would believe you have Henry?" A British voice said coming out of the trees chuckling.

Peter Pan

"Well hello to you too. I'm fine, thanks for asking." I reply. The others are tense, ready to attack if needed.

Seems like I'll be doing all the talking

But what was weird is that they looked like they wanted to say something. I noticed their eyes, each of them were straining, as if they were trying to move.

"Did you freeze them?" I asked.

"Well, didn't want them killing me before you got your little answers now did we?" He said, leaning against a tree. "Now what do you want?"

I want to know why you think you can go around freezing people but that will get me nowhere so I'll stay on topic.

"I want to know what I'm denying, because I have racked my brain and so far, I have nothing."

Pan raise his eyebrows at me. Clearly amused. He just laughs and and walks around me.

"It's funny how we tend to over look things, isn't it?"

"What are you talking about? Can you help me or not?"

"Why would I help you?"

"Why would you give me this map, and is it really a map, or is this some cruel joke?" He looked disappointed in me, and started shaking his head.

"Tsk tsk tsk. Do I have to repeat myself?" He stops in front of where I'm sitting,"I always keep my promises. And there is a map on that parchment. And to answer your first question, I have my reasons."

Really? Parchment? Again? Once was enough

He stepped away and leaned back on the tree. I just stared at him, then at the map, then back at him. Trying to decipher any secret messages.

Stupid Brain. Being stupid and uncooperative when I need you

"Can't you at least give me a few hints? We can even make it into a game, like twenty questions." He thinks it over, then nods.

"Okay, but only five questions each. And you have to be honest." He sits down, still leaning against the tree, smirking.

Maybe this was a bad idea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~