Part 5

Bruce arrived in a hurry. To his surprise Alfred was turning off every light in the Manor indicating that the inhabitants were sleeping already. The butler was surprised to see him arriving home since his return wasn't programmed for another 20 hours.

"Alfred, I received the most strange distress call. It was from the Joker. He said that I needed to save him. What happened?"

Alfred wore a sufficiency smile. He was proud of the family tonight and the bridges that have been saved between them. Damian was willing to fully accept the love of Mrs. Wayne. However what surprised him the most was that Jason recovered his smile.

"Why don't you ask them sir? They are in the entertainment room watching a movie I think. If you excuse me, I will retire for the day Sir. Good night." And he left for his chamber.

Bruce was intrigued. Certainly Alfred wanted him to discover why the night had been so atypical. Commissioner Gordon also sounded satisfied when he called Batman in the name of Joker.

Following Alfred's instruction, Bruce entered into the Entertainment room find his wife surrounded by his sons. He was able to see them through the reflection of the TV light. It was clear that they were clinging to her, Jason had an adoring sight, and to his surprise... Damian allowed Mrs. Wayne to hold him close.

Dick noticed the man observing them from the doorframe and attracted the attention from all.

"Hey Dear, How long have you been there? We weren't expecting you back until tomorrow." Mrs. Wayne greeted her husband. She wanted to kiss him but the boys were not giving in an inch.

"You know? ... I received a call asking for Batman to come back because... Joker was scared... care to tell me what happened?" Bruce said advancing and trying to find a place near his wife on the couch.

Mrs. Wayne giggled when she noticed how Bruce wanted to sit but not even Damian was allowing him to get near. "Boys, it's time to go to bed." The boys protested but got up and left the room.

Before leaving, Jason stopped at the door and turned. "Good Night Mom. Good Night B." Jason never wishes good night to Bruce. Surely he loves his mom, but he still had resentment towards Bruce for his death incident. Well, more for not avenging his death. It was rare indeed the gesture he had this night.

"Care to enlighten me about tonight's events?" Bruce's tone was sweeter now that they were alone.

Mrs. Wayne was reticent to admit that she wore Batmom's suit, yet she noticed Jason's reaction too and she craved much for them to be in good terms, she loved each one of her boys. "Well, maybe, the Joker set a trap for the boys to attract Batman... but since he was out of town... Batmom had to attend the call." She explained sheepishly.

"You promised..." He wasn't mad. He sounded disappointed, almost trying to hide the fear that truly motivated the promise made many years ago.

"I know, I know... there was no beating involved just some menaces and threats. I didn't expect for him to actually call you, I supposed that you were archenemies and that he won't slip away my outting."

Bruce let out a relieved sigh. He was glad Mrs. Wayne was fine, and that this outing actually meant a way to show the boys that they do care about them. He was more than happy to recognize the contempt in Jason. But he didn't want it to let it pass. "If it wasn't the call, the cameras would have given you away... or the boys"

"In my defense... I thought Tim had a day to erase all evidence". It was a round plan.

"Darling, let's go to bed. Both of us had a surprising day, we'll talk about this tomorrow." Bruce directed his wife to their bed. He had imagined that the next morning they'll have four clingy boys trying to get full attention from their mother as they found out a new side of her. But for the night, he would enjoy having them all safe and sound under the same roof.