Chapter 2: Sakumo's early years journey.

Like Mito said, Sakumo's eyes did change colour. The once dark innocent ruby red eyes turned into a dark curious innocent black eyes. 

The first few years of Sakumo's life was tough for Tobirama and Rei. Sakumo was a little wanderer. He loves going into new places in the Hatake Compound. It didn't take Sakumo long to teach himself how to walk and talk. 

Sakumo was only 6 months old when he first spoke his words. 

It was a night where Tobirama was out and not home. Sakumo being the curious baby wanted to know where he was. As Rei was changing Sakumo for bed, Sakumo saw a picture of Tobirama holding Sakumo, who was asleep. He tried reach for the picture. Rei saw what he was trying to reach and smiled softly. 

"Daddy will be home soon, Saku. He's just busy." she said. 

"Dada." said Sakumo, shocking Rei. 

"W-What?" she asked shockingly. 

"Wh're dada o?" asked Sakumo. Rei picked him up and Sakumo rested his head on her shoulder. 

"He's with Uncle Hashi." said Rei. 

"On't 'ike u'cle Hatsi." said Sakumo, making Rei sweat drop.

"Oh boy if your father was here right now, he'll be happy to hear that." she thought. "But still he shouldn't be speaking, he's only 6 months old." Sakumo stuck his thumb in his mouth and went to sleep. Rei sighed and gently placed Sakumo into his crib and pulled his blanket over him. 

"What am I going to do with you, Saku? You're too smart for your age." she whispered, kissing him on his forehead before going to bed herself. 

When Tobirama came home the next day and heard Sakumo talking, he was surprised. He might not be the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to babies but he definitely knows that 6 months old babies should not be talking. 

When it came to Sakumo walking, it really wasn't a surprise that he'll be wandering around the Hatake Compound all the time. 

"Sakumo, get back here." sighed Rei. 

"Nwo!" the year and half old Sakumo giggles. He was walking around the compound, exploring. Rito, who is 14 years old, sighed.

"Want me to help, Auntie Rei?" asked Rito. 

"Yes please, Rito." Rei sighed. Rito nodded and went looking for Sakumo. Said baby found his father's study room and went inside to look. All sorts of weapons and scrolls was around the room. He got under Tobirama's desk and hid there. He somehow masked his Chakra so no one could find it. 

Rei and Rito looked all over the Hatake Compound to find Sakumo but couldn't find him. Tobirama tiredly walked into the Compound and saw Rei and Rito looking around. He walked behind Rei and hugged her. 

"Did you guys lose something?" asked Tobirama.

"We're looking for Sakumo, Uncle. We can't find him." said Rito, heading outside. 

"Can't find him? How did you lose him?" asked Tobirama.

"Ever since he taught himself to walk, he's been wandering around the compound and finding himself in rooms he shouldn't be in." sighed Rei, leaning back into Tobirama. 

"I see." said Tobirama, kissing her temple. 

"I'm going to my study. If I find him on my way there, I'll call you." he sighed. She nodded and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks Tobi." she smiled tiredly. Tobirama lets go of her and heads to his study. On his way he couldn't see Sakumo anyway. He walked into his study and sat down on his chair. He was about to tuck himself in, if it wasn't for a pair of feet. Tobirama looked under his desk and was surprised to see Sakumo fast asleep under there. 

Tobirama picked Sakumo up and placed him onto his lap as he began to work with Sakumo sound asleep on his lap. 

Hours later, Rei came into Tobirama's study to tell him that it's dinner. Before she could say anything, her heart melt at the sight she saw. Tobirama was asleep, holding Sakumo protectively on his lap, and Sakumo curled up against him. She smiled and turned the lantern off before closing the door and going to the dinner room where Hashirama, Mito and Rito are. 

"Did you find Sakumo?" asked Mito. Rei nodded.

"Where is he?" asked Rito.

"Fast asleep, curled up against Tobirama." smiled Rei. 

"Aw that's so cute." said Mito. 

"Is Tobirama coming?" asked Hashirama.

"He's asleep too, Hashirama." smiled Rei. Rito sighed tiredly and rested his head on the desk.

"I could sleep forever," he said, making the adults laugh.