Chapter 8 Part Three

Warning: Cursing

~3:16 AM - Fourth Night~

        "Jeremy, are you okay?" Anastasia asked her companion for the evening as he tried to stifle a yawn. Jeremy blinked for a moment to get the yawn induced tears out of his eyes.

        "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just a little tired is all," he replied quietly.

        "When was the last time you had any sleep?"

        "Well, I had to get up at 4 AM yesterday to get ready for work because my boss had scheduled a job for me at  5 AM. I've been up since then."

        "You can take a nap if you want. You don't have to stay up with me. I can handle both doors." Anastasia put a reassuring hand on Jeremy's shoulder and gave him a sympathetic smile. He smiled back at her and put his hand on top of hers.

        "No, it's fine. I told Vincent that I would stay for the night shift to make sure that the tweaks worked, and that is what I'm going to do. I can tell you right now that I know that the tweaks didn't work though," he said through another yawn.

        "Okay then. Do you have to work today?"

        "No. I have the day off."

        "Alright. I have a proposition. If you refuse to sleep now, or at least take a nap, then you have to come back to my place and sleep there."

        "You would let me stay at your house?"

        "Of course! I don't want you driving home all drowsy and then getting into a car accident. That would be horrible! So, do we have a deal?" Anastasia put her hand out to meet his half way. He took her hand and gave it a firm shake.

        "Deal!" They both smiled and went back to monitoring the cameras and doors. François had made his presence known by visiting the door every five minutes or so. Allen made another guest appearance in between one of François' visits. Matt kept coming to the East Hall corner and just glaring into the camera. One thing perplexed Anastasia though. Where was Oliver? He hadn't been doing his normal rounds. The platinum blond checked the kitchen audio feed and heard the clanks of pots and pans.

        "I finally found Oliver!" Anastasia said rather loud.

        "Where was he?"

        "He's in the kitchen doing... Well, whatever he does in there. I presume he is baking again."

        "Oh. Have you ever tried his cooking before?"

        "No. The last time he baked something it was made for me, and it was poisoned. I wouldn't trust his cooking for the moment so if you see a cupcake, don't eat it."

        "Trust me, I won't. I'm not a huge fan of sweets. I like the smell of baked goods though!"

        "So do I! Except I have a sweet tooth. I'm glad I still have my ungodly metabolism from when I was a child."

        "So, you can eat anything and not gain any weight at all?"

        "Yeah! I've eaten an entire German chocolate cake before by myself and I didn't gain a single pound. I mean, I went outside with my dogs afterward and ran around with them for a little, but I don't think that that contributed to me not gaining any weight from the cake."

        "Wow. That is some ungodly metabolism. I wish I had that when I was younger..."

        "You had weight issues I'm guessing?"