Twelve

Note: I just checked Twitter today and saw that HB might actually still be in Jordan so my timeline here is off. Sorry about that! Let's just continue to pretend he's home for the sake of this story. =)

—-

This is the third time that I've called Bin and I couldn't reach him. It says the number is busy.

While I know he is on quarantine, I understand that he was still managing his office remotely so I wasn't too surprised that I couldn't reach him. He must be in a call, I thought.

It was just unusual because I know that he liked to keep this line open so that I could get through most times. Still, I shrugged it off. Opening the messages app, I just told him: Hi, Bin-ssi! Been trying to call you but I couldn't get through. I hope you're not too stressed out with work.

An hour later, he still hasn't gotten back to me.

I hope it wasn't anything bad though. The last time I had difficulty reaching him was when this scandal involving hacked messages of his friend spread and he somehow got caught in it.

I sighed thinking back to that time.

I kept getting a busy tone or multiple rings that he didn't pick up. I frowned, wondering what was up. Clicking on the application to send him a message, I wrote, Hey! I'm sorry if I'm flooding your notifications. I promised to call so I'm doing so. Pick up when you can. I miss your face even if I just saw you on the set!

The day was a rest day for us so I went on cooking my lunch then settled down to read my script for the next days.

It was already late afternoon when I realized my phone had numerous messages, but none of them from Bin. Also, that it was already late in the day and I still hadn't heard from him.

Opening my messages, I slowly pieced together that something was going on. My friends were sending messages like:

Have you heard the news, Ye Jin-ssi?

Is it true? Did Bin do the same?

How is Bin involved in this?

Ye Jin-ssi, are you alright? Maybe you should stay away from him.

That last message made me frown. I knew it was well-meant but it did not sit well with me. While I was worried, I decided to look into the issue further before reacting. With my heart beating as fast and with a sense of foreboding, I went first into the internet to read up on the news they were talking about.

Phone hacking.

Scandalous behaviour.

Bin's name was mentioned in the messages.

Then, a message from my manager on what they knew of the issue. His name was mentioned as part of discussions about golf but not much else.

It was the same conclusion I got to. As I was still trying to process most of the information I received, a call from Bin came in. "Hi," he said, tentatively.

"Hey. How are you doing?"

He sighed. "Do you mind if I come over? I would like to talk about something important."

I agreed and in less than half an hour, he was in my place. Getting us some beer and chips, we sat on the floor of my living room and he had trouble looking at me. The frown on his face told me that he was having a difficult time in opening the topic. "I heard the news," I said.

He nodded. "I know. I apologize for not calling you sooner. I wish I could have told you before you heard it from anyone else."

"It's okay. I understand."