nine |keeping secrets from friends never ends well|

Start from the beginning

"For what?" I questioned, confused. 

"Cheerleading" 

I almost snorted, "Excuse me?" I started, taking JJ's slushy. I took a sip of it before continuing, "You want me? To do cheerleading? Do you know the girls on that team? Haley is the team captain!" There was absolutely no way I was doing that. Sure, I had always wanted to do cheer. But I would never take orders from Haley Brooks, even if my life depended on it.  

"So? You're really flexible, you can dance, and you would rock a cheer costume" I handed JJ back her slushy, "You could totally get on. Even if Haley says no, the other two girls could say yes and override her" 

"PG, I can not believe you're trying out" was the only thing I responded with. I opened my textbook, and the five of us got to work. Penelope finally dropped the idea of cheer, and for the next hour the only things spoken about were hydrogen atoms and the periodic table. 

That was until we were interrupted by a familiar voice, "Hey, Giggles!" I turned my head, seeing a sweaty Derek standing there next to Grant Anderson. "Penelope told me you're trying out for the cheer squad with her. We'll see you there?" My face turned a bright red. 

"Yeah, totally" 

Fuck, Veronica!

Why the hell would you say yes to him? "But I thought-" I elbowed her to shut her up, and he nodded. They walked away, and I looked at Penelope. 

"No, I'm trying out" I changed my mind. The four of them stared at me like I was insane, but then Emily realized something. 

"Bro, it's definitely because the guys will be there" She revealed, and I stayed silent as I watched all the boys go into the locker room. 

"I can't tell if she likes Aaron or Derek?" 

Spencer and I both looked at JJ, "Neither" We said at the same time, but in two completely different tones. Spencer sounded almost jealous, angry. I sounded disgusted. We both exchanged looks, 

"That was some weird, telepathic Grady daughters type shit right there" Emily admitted, closing her notebook. "When are tryouts? I want to sit in the stands with Gumby and watch" She winked at Spencer, who looked confused. 

I held back a laugh, "Gumby" I repeated, ruffling Spencers hair.

"We have tryouts at four thirty" My eyes went wide as I looked down at my flip phone, 

"You mean, in thirty minutes?" I asked, jumping up, "I have to go grab my gym clothes. I'll be back!" I exclaimed, rushing away from them and shortly after into the building. 

I began walking to the gym locker rooms through the empty hallways, and when I turned into another one, I glanced down at my phone. As I did so, I glanced up at the sound of laughing. 

There stood four people I couldn't stand, 

First, my sister, Fae Black. We were identical twins, but that didn't mean we liked one another and she kept my biological fathers name. We had never met him. She dressed and acted differently than I did, too. She usually only wore outfits similar but uglier than Emily's, because at least Emily looked good in those types of clothes. She always wanted to ruin everything I did, or tried to make everyone around us hate me.

Which leads me to the next charity case, Dean Grimaldi. Him, Spencer, and I were best friends from the day we met in preschool all the way up till end of freshman year, when I admitted to my sister that I had a major crush on him. They had sex three months later and she convinced him to hate my guts. He used to dress very similar to me, he liked wearing a lot of crewnecks and sweaters with button downs under them, wore a lot of decent looking jeans or tailored pants. Now he dresses like Kurt Cobain and smokes so much I'm surprised he isn't dead. 

Third came Angelina Foyet, who had been my sisters best friend since the beginning of time. I thought I used to have a crush on her in middle school, which didn't last long. I only thought that because she was hot, she had the personality of my sister but honestly a little worse. She was the most mild of the group, she wore a lot of eyeliner but she made it look good. She had some sense in fashion, unlike Fae. 

Which brings me to the past of the bunch, Timothy Nelson. He was one of the only kids in the school with almost red hair, but he kind of looked like the kid from The Breakfast Club, so every girl ever wanted to marry him. He wore a lot of chains and flannels, similar to our own dip ship, Aaron. He never really bothered me, but then again, he never got a chance to. 

Sadly, they noticed me. I quickly spun around to start walking the other way, but it was too late. 

"Ronnie! Come" Fae ordered, as if I were a dog. I stopped and turned back around slowly. I was so genuinely screwed. I stared at them, not moving from my spot, which made them strut over to me with their arms crossed. I crossed my arms as well and pretended not to be totally and completely horrified. 

Yes, I was scared of my sister. 

Why? Well, she had almost tried to kill me multiple times, so that was fun. 

And by almost killed me I mean one time she literally pushed me down the stairs while no one was home, laughed as she watched me fall, and then when someone came in through the door she pretended to help me. 

Yes, she was fucking insane.

"Yes?" I asked them, annoyance and almost some type of anger in my voice. Fae walked closer to me. She smiled.

"You look lovely today" She wanted something. 

"I know," I replied in a cocky tone, "I'm going to tryouts. Do you need something" I questioned coldly, and she raised a brow.

"Tryouts for...?"

"Cheer" Angelina laughed, 

"Cheer? You? You should be trying out for Mathletes or something.  Fucking nerd" Which made the other two boys laugh. My sister however stayed silent as she examined me up and down. 

"I saw you with your non-judging breakfast club sneak out of the house last night. What was that about?" I stayed silent. 

Did she just call us a non-judging breakfast club? What does that even mean? "What are you even saying"

"Well, two school jocks, two boys who should be rolling with us, an emo chick, two nerds, and a theater kid all hanging out together seems like a non judging group to me" Tim added, and I rolled my eyes. 

"It's none of your business. Now, if you four don't mind, I'm going to tryouts" I pushed through them and kept walking, and I clenched my jaw. 

I was so dead next time I saw her, there was no way she was going to leave me alone after that. I can't just push her out of the way and expect her to leave me be. "I know about Haley Brooks" I paused in my tracks and glanced back at all of them. 

"What about her?" 

"I watched you dump a milkshake on her boyfriends head, I know you like him" I scoffed, 

"Yeah, okay" I said as if it were the stupidest thing to ever leave her mouth, "Aaron Hotchner is disgusting. Just like you said, he should be rolling with you" 

That was a lie, Aaron Hotchner could rail me like a fucking train and I'd ask for round two. 

"What did you just call us?" Dean asked, furiously. I looked up at him with zero emotion, 

"Disgusting? I mean I don't have to remind you seeing as you have to look at yourselves every day" 

"You're going to regret that" Fae ensured, "Tell you and your freak show friends that you guys are all about to be completely and utterly fucked" She strutted of, with her minions following behind. 

So in silence I walked to the gym locker room, grabbed my clothes, and made my way back to my friends. I couldn't stop thinking about 'completely and utterly fucked' I was about to be. 

But they didn't know that, so I was greeted with four smiles. "You okay?" JJ questioned, and I shot them back a huge fake grin. 

"Yeah, of course. Come on, let's go" 

No, I wasn't, and neither were all of them.