Chapter 16

Martin

-Sunday Morning-

I Watched As Cassie Curled Her Hair And Slipped On Her Dress .

She Came To Me And Fixed My Tie "Makayla And Callie Are Downstairs Ready So Can You Please Hurry Before Your Late To Your Own Preaching ?"

She Went Downstairs And I Just Looked Down It Was 5:30 In The Morning And To Be Honest I Was Tired .

Being The Pastor...I Had To Get To The Church Really Early.

I Walked Downstairs And I Saw Makayla And Caliyah "Good Morning Girls"

"Morning Daddy" They Said In Unison And I Kissed Their Heads Before We Went Outside And Into My Car .

Cassie

I Checked My Phone Quickly Before Martin Saw Me .

Shaun- Wassup Cassie , Thanks For The Money But I Need One More Thing Now...You

I Completely Ignored His Text Message And Went Inside His Car And We Buckled Up And Drove To The Church .

As Usual It Was A Couple Of Cars But By 7:30 The Whole Church Was Packed .. I Mean It Was Huge.

We Got Out And I Saw Mr. Henderson He Was Apart Of The Counsel

"Hello ! Pastor Smith And First Lady Smith..Children" He Said And We Greeted Him

"Sir May I Speak To You For A Minute" He Said To Martin

"Yeah , Of Course" He Said Before He Turned To Me And Planted A Kiss On My Cheek "I'll Be In There In A Moment" I Nodded

I Didn't Like The Way We Had To Pretend Our Marriage Was Just Perfect..

It Wasn't Perfect..

It Was Far From It

Martin

"Yes Mr. Henderson ?" I Said

"Pastor , About The Guest Speaker Today.."

"Yes . Pastor Johnson Of The Johnson's Baptist Church"

"Sorry To Say Sir He Has Um Canceled On Short Notice"

"Deaconess Brown Didn't Tell Me This Because??"

"We Have Not Seen Deaconess For Over A Week Sir"

In My Head I Was Cursing So Much "Eh Alright..Don't I Have A Back Up ?"

"Yes Senior Edwards" I Nodded "Okay I'll Inform Him"

He Nodded And I Walked Inside The Church And I Went Straight To Senior Edward's Office

I Knocked "Come In" I Heard Him Say And I Opened The Door "Reverend Smith..How Are You ?"

"Great And You ?"

"Doing Better."

"That's Good I Have A Question Senior ?"

"Yes ?"

"Can You Handle Most Of The Service Today Since My Guest Speaker Canceled Surprisingly.."

He Nodded And Smiled "Yes I Can , Whole Or Half Of The Service"

"Half" I Made Clear Because Senior Edwards Takes The Power To His Head.

He Nodded And I Left The Office And Went To Go Find My Wife And Daughters..