Chapter 23: You're Alone and You're Afraid

WARNING:

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS IDEAS THAT MAY BE TRIGGERING TO SOME.

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Madison Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Chapter 23: You're Alone and You're Afraid

The feeling of an intruder filled my mind as I slept next to George.

I could see flashes of a body with cruel, blood red eyes, slits like a snakes for a nose, and skin paler than death.

The body wore a flowing cloak that was as black as night, and it caused shivers to go down my spine.

It was him.

My hand hurt like hell- like a thousand cruciotus curses being shot at my hand at one time.

I saw scenes of death, and I saw the familiar bright, neon green light be shot at a man with raven black hair and hazel eyes covered by rectangular black-rimmed glasses fall to the ground, eyes open. It was my father.

My father was dead.

It was a blur after that, but I do remember seeing....

There was a lady in front of me and my older twin brother.

She had long, red hair like mine and emerald green eyes. She had freckles splattered here and there along her face, and fair skin that would get sunburnt easily.

The lady looked like an older version of me.

It was my mother.

There was a scream, and it was from my mother. There was another green light, and there was another green light. After cries from two babies, I heard a cruel, heartless, shrill, blood-chilling laugh.

At that moment, I woke up, sat up, sweating like I was drenched in water.

"Miss Potter! What are you doing in Mr. Weasley's bed?" McGonagall whisper-yelled at me and George, who had just woken up.

"Nothing! Just sleeping!" George hurriedly said.

Fred groggily woke up from the bed next to ours.

"Yes, because I haven't heard you mutter a spell so nobody would hear you," he sarcastically said.

"I will talk to you too later," McGonagall stressed.

The three of us got up and followed her, our shoes on.

I was only wearing my Little Mermaid pajama bottoms and George's Weasley sweater from last year over a tank top and high-tops. My hair was in a messy bun that I just put in about a minute ago.

Along with us came Ginny, who looked at us with a questioning expression.

I shrugged.

Clutching onto George's arm, the five of us reached Dumbledore's office. In there we found Harry and Ron.

"Your father was attacked by a snake."

I gasped; I knew that Voldemort had a snake. Was it possible....?

"You're all going to go to Headquarters, okay?"

•••

I sat on the lap of George on the couch in the living room. I lay my head on his chest, and looked at my ring finger.

George held me and played with my hands.

"Your fathers alive and he's stable," Sirius exclaimed, relieved.

"That's good," I huskily whispered to George, who gave me a quick peck on my neck.

"George, stop kissing her neck," Fred sighed.

"He just gave me a little kiss, Fred," I sternly told him.

He rolled his eyes. George shrugged and played with my hair. Harry looked away, grossed out.

"How was your alone time with Cho, Harry?" George said, causing me to laugh.

My older twin brother blushed a tomato red, and stuttered, "I-I...."

I let out a soft giggle.

"Come on, Harry. How was your first kiss?" Sirius asked him; we all wanted to know how it was and make fun of him for it.

"It was.... It was wet," he truthfully confessed.

I looked at George, and the two of us burst out laughing.

"Why are you making fun of me?" Harry complained.

"Because," Georgie began. "If it was a true loves kiss...."

"Were there sparks, bruh?" I asked him.

"Not the bruh thing again," I heard Hermione mutter to Ron and Ginny under her breath.

"Well.... No...."

Sirius looked at me and George with his eyebrows raised.

"And you two know what it's like?"

"Yeah," Georgie said before kissing my cheek.

•••

About thirty minutes later, we were all still sitting in the living room.

"Your dad's going to be okay," I comforted the Weasley kids.

"How would you know?"

"Because-"

Fred interrupted me.

"Madison, don't pretend that you understand what we are all feeling right now."

"What? Worry?"

"We're all scared that our dad is going to die and leave us! We love him! We're frightened!"

"I understand what you're feeling!" I shouted at him, now out of George's lap, standing in front of him.

He pointed a finger at me accusingly.

"You see, you can't understand."

"Yes, I can Fred!" I yelled.

He gave a laugh.

"YOU CAN'T, MADISON. YOUR FATHER IS DEAD! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE SCARED THAT YOUR FATHER....

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND? OH WAIT! YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOU, MADISON LILIAN POTTER, DON'T HAVE A FATHER!"

I felt tears roll down my fair, freckled cheeks. Why would Fred blow up at me like that?

Oh wait, because I don't understand.

Because my father is dead.

"You're alone and you're afraid, Madison Potter," Fred snarled.

I was full on crying now, not giving a care in the world.

"Madison Lilian Potter, you are a coward. You are a fucking coward," Fred growled.

I looked at everybody, who had their mouths open in shock. George, on the other hand, looked murderous at his twin brother.

"I'll be in the bathroom. I have to pee," I cried, running away and stomping up the stairs. I slammed the door to the bathroom shut and fell down and hugged my knees. I lay against the bathtub.

I didn't have to pee. Nor did I have to go poop.

I searched through the medicine cabinet and looked for what I was looking for.

Taking off the lid to the ibuprofen bottle, I grabbed a medium-sized Dixie cup and filled it up with water from the sink.

Swallowing an unhealthy amount of the pills, I began to have a blurry vision.

After a few minutes, I fell to the ground.