"I need some air." He called over his shoulder, breaking into a dead run as he bolted out the door.

Sean flinched as he felt Erik's gloved hand come down on his back, careful to inflict as little pain as possible as he pulled another shard of glass from Sean's back.

Sean grunted, his whole body seizing up in pain as he clenched his teeth, determined not to scream. He'd already lost enough of his pride today. He didn't need to add screaming like a little pussy to the list.

"Thanks...for coming." Sean hissed through clenched teeth, though his voice was barely above a whisper. He'd been the only one Sean had trusted to call, the only person he knew he could count on despite all the bad shit that had happened between them lately.

Erik nodded, repeating the question he'd first asked when he'd arrived.

"Sean, who did this to you?"

Sean grunted as he felt Erik pull another shard of glass from his back, balling the white sheets on his bed into a tight ball with his fists.

"No one. It was an accident. I dropped the beer and fell. Stop being such a fucking hardass and drop it."

Erik was quiet for a moment, his eyes drifting across Sean's face, a masked expression on his face.

"Sean...I know you're lying to me."

Sean cursed inwardly. Erik had always been able to read him a hell of a lot better than he felt comfortable with.

"Just fucking drop it, alright."

"Sean, this could be important...a series of peculiar events have transpired over the past few weeks that have led me to believe the past may finally be catching up with us."

Sean's eyes narrowed. Even through the pain, he could still think straight enough to know that if Erik was telling him, things had to have gotten pretty serious.

"What the fuck haven't you bee telling me?"

"I received a letter recently. It contained information only you and I would know."

Sean swallowed hard, his throat suddenly feeling dry.

"I haven't told anyone. I swear."

"I know..." Erik's gaze drifted off, a pensive look spreading across his face for a second.

"Someone was watching Nathaniel and I last night. They-"

"I told you to stop fucking around with that gay-ass fag-"

Sean gasped as he felt Erik pull another shard of glass out of his back, this time making sure that he felt it when he did.

"Enough. This is not open for discussion."

"Erik, you know what it's going to fucking lead to. How can you even-"

"I'm not him, Sean."

Both boys fell silent, a few seconds passing before Erik spoke again.

"I am not telling you this because I desire a second opinion. I'm telling you this for your personal safety. Someone has an obvious problem with me, and I'm worried they may intend to harm those closest to me. They know things I wouldn't have thought possible. Which probably means they know about you and I. If someone did this to you, I need you to tell me."

"Well...that's not what happened. I'm not saying anyone did this to me, because they didn't..." Sean cleared his throat, forcing himself to continue. "But if they did, it would have been because of a personal issue. That's it. That's all I'm fucking saying."