Chapter Two

Chapter Two

                "Juliet... Jewl.... Julie...."

                I was woken up to someone whispering in my ear and tickling me. Lisbeth was sitting my stomach giggling. Even though she had always been Lottie's golden child, I was quickly becoming fond of this little sister.

                "Go. Away. Now." I was cranky when I first woke up. I pulled the blanket back over my head only to have it ripped off me again. I growled at Lisbeth, playfully baring my fangs. She seemed completely unphased.

                "Daddy said you were cranky in the evenings. He also said he expects you at the banquet tonight. So. Get. Up!"

                "Alright! I'm up!" I pushed her off me and stretched. Austin was gone, thankfully. "Lisbeth, do me a favor and go away so I can take a shower." I groaned when she pounced on me and hugged me tightly.

                "See ya!"

                I watched my little sister leave my room before I made myself get out of bed. Pulling my white hair up into a messy bun, I searched for some clothes to wear. Apparently all the royals wore were dresses and gowns.

                "Where the hell are my jeans?" I was still rummaging through the closet when I heard deep laughter behind me.

                "Looking for these?" I spun around to see Austin holding my favorite pair of black denim jeans.

                "Gimme those." I grumbled. I took a swipe at them and he held them up out of my reach. I did the first thing that came to mind, and kicked him in his tender spot. He doubled over and gasped, but dropped my jeans. "That's what you get, jackass."

                "What did I ever do to you?"

                "Oh where to begin?" Yeah, I knew I was a smart ass, but I was being serious. It wasn't as if he had actually done something to me, but his sister, thank Gods she's dead, really pissed me off. Guilty by relation.

                I slammed the bathroom door shut and hopped into the shower. The hot water felt nice as it ran down my skin. My necked ached slightly from being Marked last night. Now, not only was there red in the Mark, but soft swirls of black had etched themselves into the floral design. It looked amazing against my pale white skin.

                The scent of my vanilla body wash filled the room. I finally shut the water off, wrapped my robe around my body, and stepped out. Matisse had set out my hair brush and other personal effects, which I was very grateful for. I didn't have to play search and find for them this way.

                After dressing and getting ready for the night, I went into my room. Father hadn't changed it at all since I had left. There was a magnificent fire roaring in the fireplace. The tapestries my mum had decorated the room with still hung. Even my musical instruments were in there. I had expected my father to get rid of everything that reminded him of my mother when I left. Apparently I reminded him of her enough, he didn't want her junk lying around. When he decided to remove her memory from the palace, I put what I could in here. The only portrait made of her hangs above the fireplace.

                "You look a lot like her, ya know." I spun around to see Austin sitting on my bed. He nodded his head towards my mother's picture.

                "Yeah, I know. That's why my father hates me." I pulled a t shirt on over my bra and bent down to pull my socks on.

                "Your father doesn't hate you." I snorted back laughter.