Day 1, The Start

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I don't really know what American grocerie stores look like now since I haven't been to america for 8 years, my apologies.

So please just take this story the way it is since, I don't know if America has advanced so yeah. It's a zombie girlxgirl book to, so if your not a big fan of zombies or girlxgirl or both then I suggest you reverse :) thank you!

Insipration from the walking dead video game.

This may be a short story, it depends if I enjoy writing this or how many votes and comments I receive.

Enjoy!

Prologue:

So who am I exactly? I'm a normal twenty year old girl who works in Target.

Why am I telling you this? I don't know.

The result of working in a grocery shop? Dangerous.

How? Zombie arrival.

*Five days after the planet goes all zombie*

"Christa!" I screamed from the top of my lungs as those vicious creatures piled ontop of my girlfriend... My dead girlfriend.

I needed to run, there was no more turning back to save her. It was too late, she was so stubborn.

I ran, my clothes dirty and ripped from all the forests I'd be journeying through. I dragged my pipe along with me, I was surrounded by zombies.

I needed to develop a plan. And quick! There where zombies left, right and center. "Over here!" A hillbilly accent called out for me, I looked around, starting to panic.

I swung my pipe at one of there heads as the blood splattered all over my face.

I breathed softly and swiftly dodge the zombies attacks by them swinging there arms. I ran to the door, no luck, it was locked.

"The stairs! The stairs at the side of the building." He yelled as I ran to the side of the building not only did I find the stairs, but an alley full of zombies.

"I can't!" I yelled back losing all hope, tears swelling my eyes and forced to escape, crawling down my blooding flesh.

"You can! I have you covered!" I trusted this stranger, I trusted him because we knew that we can't be turned into monsters.

I had to use my feet to be as quite as possible, not to attract a hoard of zombies like my ex did.

Suddenly the zombie who came to "attack hug" me was shot right in the eye, I gasped, the moment of horror attacked my brain.

I needed to throw up let alone get to the safety spot.

I carried on walking as the zombies that surround me 360° were all shot in the chest and head, I jumped on the dustbin and jumped up catching the ladders handles.

I struggled to climb up and finally got to the floor above from the zombies below.

I ran up the stair case, my feet making the metal stairs go "clamp clamp clamp!"

As I reached to the top, 6 snipers pointed at me and I dropped to my knees and whimpered, raising my hands up in surrendor as I didn't want to be shot.

"Hold you fire!" The familiar hillbilly's voice yelled as they lowered there guns.

The guy helped me up kindly as all I saw was a ginger curl from under his cap escape.

"Well it's good your not a walking dead." He laughed and wrapped me up in his coat.

I was cold even though the sun was blazing it's flames.