50. The Death Omen

"...TROUBLE."

They appear in what seems to be a museum. And a Dalek is roaming towards them.

"Doctor—!"

"Oh."

They turn around, away from the Dalek, and face two gingers. Amy and little Amelia. Aurora could cry of relief if her life wasn't threatened. Again.

"Ah, two of you," the Doctor remarks. "Complicated."

"Exterminate! Weapons systems restoring."

Aurora goes straight to the little Amelia and takes her hand as the Doctor takes Amy's hand.

"Come along, girls."

"Exterminate!"

They run to a Middle Eastern montage where the Doctor takes the fez from a dummy.

"What are we doing?" Aurora presses, running behind him.

"Well, we are running into a dead end, where I'll have a brilliant plan, that basically involves not being in one."

She nods. "Awesome."

"What's going on?"

They whirl around to see a nightguard coming, only armed with a torch.

"Get out of here!" Aurora screams at him. "Go! Just run!"

The four of them do, at least, and hide behind the Pandorica.

"Drop the device!" the Dalek commands.

"It's not a weapon," the Doctor tries. "Scan it. It's not a weapon, and you don't have the power to waste."

There's a silence.

"Scans indicate intruder unarmed."

The man drops the torch. "Do you think?"

The nightguard's hand slides and reveals an Auton hand weapon. It shoots at the Dalek.

"Vision impaired! Vision..."

The Dalek abruptly stops.

A bit shyly, they all get out of their hiding spot and round the Dalek.

The nightguard is none other than Rory.

"Amy!" he screams out when he notices his fiancée.

"Rory," she breathes.

They run into each other's arms, Aurora clapping to herself with teary eyes.

She always loved that part in rom-coms, and seeing it with her two best friends? It's got to make her teary-eyed.

"I'm sorry," Rory rumbles. "I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. It just happened."

"Oh, Shut up."

She kisses him briefly.

"Yeah, shut up, because we've got to go," the Doctor chastises, running up between them. "Come on."

"I waited," Rory goes on. "Two thousand years I waited for you."

"No, still shut up."

This time, Amy kisses Rory passionately. A bit too passionately, actually. Aurora considers shielding Amelia's eyes.

"And break," the Doctor says, circling them. "And breathe!" He sighs, and walks back to little Amelia and Aurora. "Well, somebody didn't get out much for two thousand years."

Aurora lets out a small laugh. Amelia tugs her sleeve.

"I'm thirsty. Can I get a drink?"

She smiles down at her. "It might be a bit complicated right now, but we'll find you something."