Nate tried to force his body out of the car, force it to oblige to his mind's incessant urge to run from the one thing it knew it wanted most. Something, though, something stronger than all the stereotypes and insecurities he used as excuses to push Erik away made him stay.

"Did you ever think, Nathaniel, that maybe what you're seeing in my eyes isn't the lie you believe it to be, but the truth that keeps you watching me despite everything you think you know?"

Nate bit down on his lip. Hard. God, why couldn't Erik be the stereotypical pretty boy that was amazing to look at but dumb as hell? It would make things simpler, so much simpler.

Then again, if that were the case, he probably never would have developed such an unhealthy crush on him in the first place.

Finally, Nate's body seemed to have regained some of its functions as he forced himself out of the car and up the walkway.

This was bad. Really bad. It had been hard enough pushing Erik away when he'd just been some hot guy he'd had a crush on for three years that suddenly had taken an interest in him. Now, though, he was more than just a face, though admittedly a handsome one. And, unfortunately, he was turning out not to be the asshole Nate had always assumed he was. In fact, he was far from it. Which was only making things worse.

He wasn't sure how he was going to handle the whole Sean ordeal by the time Monday rolled around. And he wasn't sure what exactly he was going to tell his mom to cover his tracks as to why their supposed study session had only lasted an hour and 10 minutes, travel time included. He knew one thing, though. Something had happened between him and Erik today that would make his little 'I don't like you' routine a hell of a lot harder.

Nate looked at himself in the mirror for the umpteenth time, resisting the urge to comb his hair back into the usual style he wore it in. Erik liked it messy.

Today was his first study date-session, with Erik. He hadn't been able to talk to him all week in between studying for finals, working overtime, and appeasing Amber's insatiable need for someone to listen while she gossiped except to confirm this little get together. That turned out to be quite a good thing, actually.

No talking meant no problems from Sean...of course, that was up until today. There was no way he wasn't going to find out about this, and sooner or later Nate was going to have to face the music.

He'd been looking forward to this day all week, though he'd never admit it out loud, and surprisingly he found himself wishing the school day would fly by for reasons other than because it was Friday and that would mean the weekend had come.

As expected, the day dragged on, Math being particularly torturous because he'd had to run out of there, just as he had every other day of the week, to avoid talking to Erik while Sean was there.

Finally, though, the final bell rang and Nate made his way down to the coffee shop they'd agreed to meet at. It was only a few blocks away, so it was quite convenient.

Taking a seat at an empty table, he waited for Erik to arrive impatiently, dragging his school supplies out of his backpack and spreading them across the table.

He was 5 minutes late....maybe he wasn't going to show up. Anxiously, Nate got up and made his way over to the front counter.

"One caramel frappucino please." He mumbled anxiously.

Digging into his pocket, he was just about to pull out his wallet as a hand reached over him and handed the woman 10 bucks.

"You know, you should really wait till your date arrives to start ordering." Erik mused.