001 - The boy in the alley

"Zuzu, wake up!" said Azula as she was shaking her older brother. This startled him and he jumped up in his bed.

"I'm up, I'm up!" he looked over to his time candle on his night stand, when he saw what time it was his eyes narrowed. "Why'd you wake me up so early?" he groans, lays back down and puts a pillow over his head. Azula shakes his arm again and he sits up.

"I was gonna go on a walk and I was wondering if you wanted to come," she said innocently.

"What? Too scared to go on your own?" he asks sarcastically with a smirk on his face.

"You know what? Forget it!" she said angrily as she crosses her arms and turned around and was ready to storm off.

"Fine, Fine. I'll go, just give me a sec to freshen up."

"Thanks, Zuzu,"Azula gives him a small hug, then walks out and shuts the door behind her and proceeds to go to the kitchen to have a snack and read her book.

Zuko gets up and goes to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. He then changes into clean clothes and combs his hair to look decent. He walks to the entrance of the Kitchen and sees his two younger sisters.

"Morning, Zuzu! Are you gonna eat breakfast?" asked Kiyi. Zuko pats her head while smiling.

"No, I'm not really hungry, plus I'm going on a walk with Zula."

"I told you not to call me that!" his other younger sister exclaimed, a little annoyed. Zuko just rolls his eyes and laughs.

"Oh, can I go with you guys?" asked Kiyi.

"Sure, ask Mother" responds Azula as she looks up from her book.

"Ok," Ursa walks into the Kitchen, Kiyi hops off her chair and walks to her mother. She tugs on her skirt, trying to get her attention. "Mommy, can I go on a walk with Zula and Zuzu?" she asks.

"Of course, sweetheart." She strokes her daughter's hair and she then walks off to her elder siblings.

"Yay!"

"'Kay, let's go." says Zuko as he lifts up his half sister and places her on his shoulders.

The three siblings walk put the door and walk for around fifteen minutes. They stopped when they heard footsteps behind them. They had to be extra careful since there are Water Tribe warriors in their village. They quickly run into an alley to hide

They stopped when the youngest of them noticed something, or someone, at the end of the alley. They had to be cautious with their next steps

– Hmm, What could it be? – asked Azula as she walked closer.

– Azula, being to curious could be dangerous. – warned her older brother trying to prevent her from going into the alleyway.

– I can defend myself... – she said as she walked farther in.

– I'm scared – said Kiyi as she hid in Zuko's side.

– It's ok, if anything happened, we're here to protect you. – said Zuko as he gave her a hug to make her feel safe. Azula gasped.

– What happened? –

– Well, definitely not a threat... Looks like a teenage airbemder. – said Azula.

– What's he doing here? – he asked.

– We should help the man! – says Kiyi as she got closer.

– She's right, it looks like he hasn't eaten in days. –

– Alright. Azula, help me carry him. – They picked up the boy and wrapped one of his arms onto each of their shoulders and dragged him to their home.