13. Jumping to Conclusions

Start from the beginning

~~~~

Song: Nobody But You By Blake Shelton (Recommend listening before reading)

~~~~

After I arrived at home from set, I decided to take a bubble bath, to help myself relax. Pouring some bath milk into the water as I wait for the tub to fill up, I remember the feeling of her body holding me as we bathed together not too long ago. The memories of her, from the last few days flood my thoughts. Her taste, her kiss, her body, her screams under my touch. I drive myself crazy just at the thought of her being mine just once more, just one more night. If it happens to be the way I feel like it's going to go tonight, then that is all I ask for.

I check my phone, I get out of the bath seeing that I only have half an hour left before I need to make way to Tim's house. The dinners were never overly formal but formal enough for my light grey, tight jumpsuit that I didn't get too long ago, I match it with some cute hanging earrings and some short white heels.

With a bottle of wine in one hand, I ring the doorbell with the other. Greg opened the door and welcomed me in, everyone was gathered around the dinner table, while Kat were busy in the kitchen making dinner. I look around for a moment just making sure I was at the right house, why was Kat cooking?

"Oh yeah, sorry Dom, um Kat is cooking tonight, I had a little bit of an issue with the oven prior to everyone arriving" Tim quickly says seeing the puzzled look on my face.

I nod, and make my way to the table. I hug everyone hello, then taking my seat next to Varun, facing the kitchen.

I avoided eye contact with Kat, but I couldn't keep my eyes of her chest, Fuck, did she have to wear that tonight? A tight corset like top shapes her breasts perfectly her waist tapered in like a hourglass. Her hair is tied up tightly leaving on the stray strands to form around her face. Tamara tapped me on the shoulder shaking me out of my stare.

"Hello, Hun. How have you been? I ask her while she takes her seat opposite me.

Me and Tamara didn't get to work together at all this week, so it was nice to catch up with her.

When it came to eating time, Kat took her seat on the other side of me. She places her hand on my thigh for a brief moment before we started digging in. Knowing I can't have her the way I want to have her made her touch hurt. At the back of my mind I know I am jumping to conclusions, but I just have a feeling that my heart will be broken tonight.

After dessert I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Kat- You still okay, with coming to mine after.

I look up and see her exiting the bathroom.

I quickly flash her a smile and a nod, letting her know that I will be there. My heart begins to pound as we start leaving Tim's. I don't know if I'm ready for this. I get in my car, and take a big deep breath, but I does not help hold back my tears, the realization of what it will be like at work and how am I going to be able to pull through all the scenes with her.

Entering Kats apartment after she shouted, "Its Open!"
A massive lump filled my throat as she walks out of her bedroom.

"We need to talk don't we?" she says

I nod

"Do you want something to drink? I have tea or maybe a glass of wine? Before we get into it" she asks

"Something stronger"

She gives me a look, asking if I'm sure. I nod again

She pulls out a bottle of Jameson and starts to pull out glasses, I grab the bottle swinging it back. I just want to feel numb.

Shock in her eyes, as I start to remove my heels.

"Are you okay Domi?"

I feel my feelings want to erupt out of me, so I let them.

"After I left your trailer I have been worried sick that you're going to tell me that you don't feel the same and that we can't be whatever this is" I point back and forth between me and her. "and if that's what you want then ill respect that, but just so you know I will never not love you, I have never loved anyone the way I love you" I said it. "Fuck, Kat, I just want you to be mine, I want to be able to buy you flowers and tell you look sexy as fuck because you deserve it Kat. After all these years of Ray treating you like shit, I want to show you how you should be treated. I want to wake up every morning, next to you. I just need you Katherine"

My heart drops when I feel those last words leave my mouth. Did I just say that? I didn't even know I felt all those things until I heard them out loud. Kat stood dead still, eyes focused on mine. I take another swing out of the bottle filling the time before Kat opens her mouth to say.