Chapter 16: Fainted

Narrator's POV

Six months had passed, and in the past six months, a lot had happened.

The shrine still has lots of visitors, and Kagome and Haise still exorcist the possessed spirits. Kagome is known to all the spirits in the area, and they call Kagome, Lady Kagome.

Aoi is helpful with the chores and watching over the shrine when Kagome and Haise are not around. As for Kenta, he's grown tall. Just some facts about spirits. Spirits grew fast, but they don't age. Even though they are already a hundred years old, their face will not look old. Also, spirits have a long life. Back to Kenta. He would help Aoi with the chores. Kenta's power is, he can transform into an adult, baby, boy, and girl fox.

As for Haise and Kagome's relationship, their relationship stayed strong. They would go on dates. Haise is protective and sweet to Kagome, while Kagome is caring and understanding.

Now, they are at the shrine. Kenta is baking cheese bread. He wanted to bake on his own without Kagome teaching him. Back then, Kagome would teach Kenta how to bake cheese bread. Aoi is cooking lunch because it's almost lunchtime. Haise is not around because he went to his restaurant. He will be back soon.

Kagome's POV

I am at the kitchen, and Kenta is baking cheese bread. I taught him how to bake because he wants to learn. Now he wants to bake it by himself.

It's been six months already. Time and day sure are fast.

The spirits in the area call me Lady Kagome.

"The cheese bread is already baked, Lady Kagome,"

"It smells good, Kenta. Let me taste it,"

"Ok. Here"

Kenta gave me a cheese bread, and I taste it.

"It tastes good, Kenta. I taught you well,"

"Of course. I'm a fast learner,"

"Lunch is ready," Aoi said.

"Wow. Yummy"

"I'm back," Haise arrived.

"Haise, come. Lunch is ready,"

"Just in time because I'm already starving,"

We all ate lunch.

After eating lunch, Haise ate the cheese bread.

"Kenta baked that, Haise,"

"Oh. Good job, Kenta. It tastes like Kagome's baking,"

"That's because I taught him how to bake it and he learns fast,"

"It's yummy,"

"Thank you," Kenta said.

After eating, we went outside and rest for a bit.

When we are relaxing outside, a spirit came running to the shrine.

"What is it?"

"There's a possessed spirit,"

"Take us to the location,"

"Ok. Come with me,"

Haise and I quickly get our things and follow the spirit. When we reach the location, we saw the possessed spirit already.

"Be careful, Kagome. The entity that possessed this spirit is strong. I can sense it,"

"Ok"

When I was about to put a talisman to the possessed spirit, the possessed spirit scratched my arms.

"Ah!"

"Kagome. Your arm is bleeding. Stay here. I will do this on my own"

"No, Haise. I can still manage,"

"Ok"

Haise and I continue to exorcist the possessed spirit. I successfully put a talisman on the possessed spirit, and Haise and I perform the chant. After we perform the chant, the possessed spirit came back to normal.

My arm is still bleeding, and it hurts. My vision is becoming blurry, and the next thing I remembered is, my vision became pitch black.

Haise's POV

It's been six months, and life is going smoothly. It's so much fun, now that Kenta is around.

Now, Kagome and I are currently exorcising a possessed spirit, and my senses tell me that it is strong.

When Kagome is putting a talisman on the possessed spirit, she was suddenly scratched in her arm. I went to her and told her that I can exorcist the possessed spirit on my own, but she insists that she can still manage. We successfully exorcist the possessed spirit. After that, Kagome fainted.

"Kagome, wake up. Kagome!"

She is not waking up, so I carried her back to the shrine to treat her wound.

When I came back to the shrine, Kenta and Aoi approached me.

"What happened, Haise?"

"She is bleeding"

"Get the first-aid kit, please. She was scratched by a possessed spirit,"

Kenta hurriedly gets the first-aid kit, while Aoi stayed with me. I carried Kagome to her room. After a few minutes, Kenta went inside carrying the first-aid kit.

"Here, brother Haise,"

"Thank you, Kenta,"

"Is she going to be ok?"

"Yes. Kagome just fainted. She will wake up soon,"

"Ok. Thank God"

I treated Kagome's wound. I thank God because the scratch is not deep. After treating her wound, Aoi, Kenta, and I waited for her to wake up.

After an hour, we saw Kagome's hand twitched, and she slowly opened her eyes.

"Thank God, your awake,"

"We are so worried about you, Lady Kagome,"

Kagome got up.

"Ah, my arm hurts,"

"Be careful. I'm done treating it. Thank God the scratch is not deep,"

Maybe in a weak, Kagome's wound will heal. I cannot afford seeing Kagome get hurt because I don't want to repeat the same mistake.