Chapter 26 - It's Time

Start from the beginning

Why does she always do that, walking away from me or putting her guard up, I hate that. That damn woman does something to me that I can't explain. I know that I fucked up last night at the restaurant. I've said the wrong things to her as if she didn't matter to me and Nyla does matter to me a lot. But I really didn't think that Simone would try to threaten her.

I understand her anger from being threatened, but my mate shouldn't have left. I was worried sick and angry as fuck, wondering if she made it home or not. At least I kept some wolves around her place to keep watch and make sure she got home. Luckily, I got the word through the link that she did make it home. Thank god, but she's not walking off like that again.

Evan was right I was being a coward and a fool when I wanted to reject Nyla as my mate, because she's human. I've been alone for so long and gave up on having a mate. This feeling that I have this warmth and need to protect, its different, not just because of our bond. I'm drawn to her, yet I don't know why, and I still can't shake the feeling that I've seen Nyla somewhere before. I really want to give us a chance, I need her and I'm in love with her. I just hope that she'll listen to me this time.    

A few hours go by, I get in my car and head to Linda's parents' home. Once I pulled in the driveway, I noticed a man coming out and waving at me. "Alpha Kaius it's been a while, how's your father and mother?" George said while I got out of the car.

"Ok traveling, they should be back tomorrow." I said. "How's your family?"

"Good can't complain, I just wish that this wedding bill wouldn't be so damn high, but nothing but the best for Linda, my little princess. So, what brings you here?" He asked and smiled.

"I need to speak with someone." I said, being vague.

"You mean my niece and your mate, right?" George directly said.

"How did you, Linda." I said with a shocked expression on my face.

"I maybe human, but I'm not stupid, Linda told me and Evelyn. Honestly, I think that you are a bit old for her, but I guess that you really can't fight that mate bond, can you?" George said.

"I know I tried, I messed up and I want to make things right. Is Nyla up?" I asked.

"I think so, but come in and I'll get her... Oh and good luck dealing with my sister." George smirked.

"Who Evelyn?" I asked. "I thought she's okay."

"No Evelyn is my wife, I was talking about Janice, my half-sister, and no I haven't told her about you nor being mates to Nyla. But I think she knows. She can be mean as a snake and very protective of Nyla. So, watch yourself, she's not very fond of wolves or maybe just you." George said warning me.

"Thanks." I said.

         We head into the kitchen and there was that scent that hit me once again. I saw a girl with long brown curly hair that was just all over the place. Wearing nothing, but some pajama shorts and a tank top making coffee. It was my mate and she looks so beautiful.

"Happy birthday baby girl, can I get a cup?" I asked.

         She turned around and saw my face. "What the fuck, Kaius! ... Just what in the hell you're doing here?" She shouted.

"Nyla, language!!" George yelled out.

"Sorry Uncle G, but what in the hell is he doing here?" She yelled out.

"Alpha Kaius said he wanted to speak to you, so I let him in." George said.

"Well I don't want to speak to the fuc - man child. So, you can show him out." Nyla said, grinding her teeth.