Chapter 1~ Wade

"No, please!"
"Too late" I said as I shot the man in front of me.

>that's another job done<
[how much did we get for this one again?]
>nah, not sure. As long as it pays we'll do it<
'Thats true' I replied to the boxes.

I felt like I needed to head home now, before anyone could find me with a dead body here. With that thought I zapped to my apartment.

I sat down on my couch, and looked over at the pic of my parents next to me, I left it there this morning.
"You may not be proud of me, or what I'm doing. But then again, if you wanted me to become something else you should've stayed alive" I said to the picture.

They died 9 years ago, when I was 13. Now I'm 22 and I can take care of myself. I was taken in by the weapon X program, where they gave me a healing factor, wich allows me to survive almost anything, when I decided I wanted to be on my own again.

To get all the money I need (and more, obviously) I became a Mercenary. They call me the merc with a mouth, because I just never shut up.
I always crack jokes about people's lives before killing them.

It makes me feel like the person I should've been 9 years ago. The one who's in control.
The one who decides who's going to die and who isn't.

Not the one who can't do anything to save the person who's about to get killed.

If I could've just saved 'em... Everything would be so different, I would have a normal job, I would've gone to college or something, and I would've been normal.

But I'm not. Life isn't a fairytale, it's dark and cruel. It takes everything away until there's nothing left.
Until you're unbreakable because they can't hurt you anymore, because there's no one you care about anymore.

You just shut everyone out, too, to stay unbreakable. To be sure you can't get hurt again.

>snap back to reality. They left you, they aren't going to come back. You've gotta do it on your own<
[we've been doing it on our own for 9 years]
>and we're doing great<
[but we need to sleep now, tomorrow's a big day]

'Yeah you're right. We should'
I walked to my bedroom and fell asleep after I took off my belt, guns, and katanas.