The encounter with the bad man

Start from the beginning

I dodged the sharp hook by jumping on a tree. Rayla saw an opening and tried to attack the man, but he was too fast and blocked the attack, pushing Rayla away from him. He now shifted his attention to me throwing the hook in my direction. He hit the branch I was standing on, and it instantly broke from the impact. I tried to get a steady landing as I fell but all I managed to do was fall straight on my back.

He then threw the hook at Rayla, wrapping the chain around her ankle.

"Let the prisoners go in peace!" The tall man yelled as he was pulling Rayla closer with the chain.

"They are not our prisoners!" Rayla yelled and got herself free from the chain "they chose to travel with us! We are friends now!" She continued. I didn't quite agree on the word 'friends', more like 'extra baggage that we need to take with us, so we can deliver the egg', or something like that.

My back hurt like hell but I quickly got up and started running at the man.

"How can you be friends? You killed the king!" He yelled throwing the chain at her again, and this time Rayla dodges the chain easily. I swing my blade at him but he blocks it.

"We didn't kill anyone!" Rayla yelled, I winced at her words, 'we' isn't really a word I'd use. She jumped on the tree to escape the chain, I followed after her and so did the man.

"Your leader did, what's the difference?!" He yelled at us. He's really mad, huh.

We were pretty high up and there was a long way down the hill underneath us, we should really be careful about this. We all were high up in the trees not so far away from each other. I could see Rayla next to me, and the man right in front of us. "They don't even know about it do they?" A re-newed anger appeared on his face and The man threw his grappling hook towards Rayla, hooking her by the waist. As he did that I saw Raylas expression change a little bit, and understood that she had a plan of some sorts.

As the man pulled the chain towards him, Rayla jumped, literally catapulting herself towards the dude. Rayla kicked the man off the branch, but the chain pulled her down as well. I saw them both fall towards the ground.

"Rayla!" I yelled and jumped down after them. The man had let go of the other end of the chain, and started rolling down the hill. Rayla was just about to hit the ground but I managed to catch her and immediately helped her get the chains off. "God dammit, Rayla, are you alright?" I asked.

"I am, thanks to you" she said with a smirk, I just rolled my eyes with a relieved smile and placed her on the ground stepping away a little bit.

"This is not the end! I'm going to get you, elves!" The man yelled from the bottom of the hill.

"Yeah, said the man in the ditch" Rayla said with a grin and turned to me "let's go, we need to get away, quick" I just nodded and we started running towards the camp.

As we arrived both of the boys were already up.

"We need to move, now!" I said with a strict tone.

"What? Why? What's wrong?" Callum asked confused.

"There's no time, we have to leave!" Rayla said.

"Can't you just explain what's going on?!" Callum asked with a little irritation in his voice.

"We don't have to explain anything to you!" She answered coldly, to be honest I even got chills from that. "Now grab your stuff and let's go!" She said and started going forward already, Ezran quickly picked up his bag and followed, same as Callum, I followed everyone from behind.

*A smol time skip*

We have been walking for an hour or two now when we arrived at a well worn out path that went around the mountain.