"Are we talking about Tatum?" Annika interjected, a hopeful gleam in her eyes, one that Bianca couldn't help but chuckle at. Ever since the school had hired their new nurse, Annika had been tirelessly trying to set her up with Bianca, firmly trusting that they'd be a great match. The Vasques couldn't deny that they got along well, and it wasn't uncommon for them to send a few flirty jokes at one another, but she wasn't so sure there was a future there.

         "No, we're talking about that hunky detective you're friends with!" Maeve turned to Annika with her hands clasping together in excitement, and at that, the Hayden's eyes widened in surprise.

       "Dan?" she blurted out, partly surprised but when she gave it a second's more thought, she ended up turning to Bianca with an intrigued gasp. "You know what, I could see that! Dan really deserves someone nice. Maybe even needs it", Annika rambled, more and more into the idea by the second.

       Bianca, on the other hand, sent the two women a narrow-eyed stare. "But I don't need anyone. Dating isn't a necessity, you know", she cleared her throat, strongly against the idea of a brave man by her side to shield her from the world. She was brave enough. She had friends, she had family, she had a good job and in the future, hopefully, a cat. Now, should the right person come along, she wasn't opposed to a relationship, but there was no void to fill.

       "No, no, you're absolutely right. Men are overrated", Maeve nodded in agreement, though before Bianca could exhale in relief, the woman was swinging an arm over her shoulders and humming. "But you deserve a treat, too. A snack, if you will. And that, my lady, is one", she lowered her voice to a whisper before nodding at the man suddenly walking towards them, hands in the pockets of his tight leather jacket and his lips curving into a reinforced smile.

       And before Bianca could even dream of smacking Maeve's shoulder, Dan was entering their little group, reserved about interrupting but he didn't get to apologize when Annika was tugging the man into a hug.

       "Good to see you, Annie. Lucifer never stops talking about you, honestly", the Espinoza huffed in mild annoyance, though the look on his face was only affectionate. Bianca could tell there was some history there, even if platonic, but rather than asking, she only writhed away from Maeve's iron grip and silently recalled everything she had heard about Annika's boyfriend. She had seen the tall, dark and handsome poking around the hallways, but was yet to speak to him directly — the stories she had heard, though, painted quite the vivacious picture.

         "I saw Chloe came with you and Trixie, right?" Annika questioned, and already knowing what she was planning, Bianca tried to get in a word. Instead, Dan confirmed Annika's suspicions, and with that, the brunette was grabbing Maeve's arm and flashing a faux-pure smile at her friends. Usually, she nailed the benevolent, innocent image, but Bianca could see right through her intentions this time. "Great, we'll go say hi. See you around!"

        With that, the two teachers were escaping the table, leaving Bianca all alone with Dan. Although they were continuously surrounded by people and chatter and laughter, it felt skin-crawlingly private, just the two of them pausing to look into each other's eyes and think of something to say. Smooth was probably a distant dream, but as soon as either of them managed to break the ice, they realized there was no need for any of that.

         "So, these look pretty good. You sure you're in the right line of work?" Dan joked and granted a haphazard gesture at the pies between them. The words got to barely hang in the air when Bianca was breaking into a laugh, the kind that crinkled her eyes and filled Dan's heart with the joy of having his joke appreciated. Working with Lucifer, that was a rare luxury, and when it came to women, he had to admit that he hadn't had much success as of late. Partly because of his recently officialized divorce with Chloe, partly because he didn't seem to have much time between work and Trixie. But this... this felt good.