Eugene

Rapunzel fell in step with Varian as they made their way back to the castle. He looked at her wearily.

  "Are you okay? You've been really quiet."

  "No." Varian answered.

  "Are you hurt?"

  "No."

"Then what's wrong?"

  "I think I've lost my friends."

  "I can't say if we will ever be able to get Cassandra back, I still have hope, but we're all still here, Eugene, Lance and the girls, me."

  Eugene had caught sight of them talking and rushed over.

  "Blondie, stop asking him questions. He's still under the truth potion, it's just unfair in him." Eugene whispered.

  "Oh! I'm sorry Varian. I didn't know I was forcing you to talk."

  "It's okay."

 "Listen up everybody." Eugene shouted. " Nobody ask V any questions."

"Why?" Angry asked.

"Just don't!" Eugene said in a tone that cut off any further conversation.

***
  Varian had gone with the group back to the castle, where Rapunzel had pushed him into a spare room telling him to rest. A few hours later there was a knock on the door and Eugene peered in.

"Hey kid."

"Hey Eugene."

"Mind if I come in?"

"No." Varian sighed.

"How's the truth thing going?"

"I think im over it."

"That's good. " Eugene sat down on the bed next to Varian. Varian looked away, pulling his knees up to his chest.

"Do you need to talk?"

" I think I've talked enough today."

" Yeah, yeah I get that. I uh.. I just want you to know I'm not going to tell anybody anything you said, not even Rapunzel "

"Thanks for that."

" Look, I umm.. I'm going to forget everything I heard you say, okay? I've been thinking, and I remember what it was to have ... Confusing thought as a teenager."

"Really?"

"Well, not as confusing as yours admittedly, but I uh.. you know, you didn't want to say all that stuff. So we'll uh, just forget you said it."

"Thank Eugene."

"Unless you ever want to talk about. In which case, I'm here for you Varian."

He smiled.

"Platonic team awesome right?" Varian said hopefully.

" You got it kid, team awesome."