Chapter 5

First of all... I am so sorry I have taken so long to update! It has been written for a while but I never actually updated. Second and, most importantly, thank you so much to @Roses_Wolves, @DauntlessCowgirl and @smilingtay for your support! It really means a lot. All I can say now is... enjoy!!!

They walked hand in hand, the leader and the transfer. They would have turned heads, had anyone taken any notice in them. But they kept quiet and hid when drunk Dauntless would walk by. Tris was over the moon. She wanted to talk to Eric, first. Before getting too excited. But somehow, she couldn't bring herself to. She was enjoying herself and didn't want to ruin the evening. Eric, no matter how tough appearance he gave, was very sensitive to emotions. And right now, he sensed Tris was having an inner battle. He wondered if it were because of him confessing his love for her, and hoped he hadn't said too soon and alarmed her. But she had said it back... He couldn't understand. Tris was so unique it made her hard to understand. And there was a certain beauty to her misteriousness. He smiled inwardly and looked at her, taking in every inch he could, from the way her eyebrows arched above her eyes, to her sweet but prominent cheekbones, to her tattoo. A sigh escaped him. Immediately she turned on him.

"Are you ok?" she asked, extremely worried.

"I've never been better" he said truthfully "but the same can't be said of you. What's wrong Tris?"

"Nothing" she lied.

"I know that's not true. You can tell me anything" he stated. He hoped she would trust him.

"It's not that simple... But I guess now we've started talking about it we should discuss it. First of all..." Tris blushed a little "What's in this for you? I know it's clichè but you're hot Dauntless leader who came second in training and I'm just me. A Stiff who left because she wasn't selfless enough, who'll probably get cut from Dauntless and who is definetly not pretty. Just me, Eric. So I really don't understand-"

"What's in this for me?" he interrupted her "why, Tris, does there have to be something? And if you weren't selfless enough, would you have stood up for Al and let me have Four throw knives at you? As for getting cut, I will personally make sure that does not happen. And finally... not pretty?" he broke into harsh laughter "No, you're beautiful. I'm not talking about curves, but you shine. And that is much more attractive than any Dauntless slut. So if there has to be a reason for me dating you, I would say it's because of you and your uniqueness" Tris was slightly taken aback by how deep Eric's words had been. So unlike the rousy macho with no brains and no heart she'd thought of him when she first met him.

"Did you just say we're dating?" she teased.

"Yes I did. Is that all you noticed? God, Tris you ask me something then don't even bother listening to my answer..." he mocked her back.

"Oh shut up!" she punched him lightly on the arm. He feigned being hurt and pouted. This surprised her so much. Eric? Pouting? This was crazy. "Well my second question is... what if someone finds out and thinks you're helping me get through initiation?"

"Then they'll like the bottom of the chasm" he growled. Tris gulped. He would really go that far for her. "All the way" he smiled at her. She hadn't realized she had been thinking out loud. She stopped and leaned against the wall. The cold seeped through her. This was the most important question. She could die from sharing this information.

"What if, hypothetically, I was Divergent?" she mumbled as quietly as she could.

No. She couldn't. She couldn't be Divergent. If she was, did she know how much danger she was in? And she had trusted him enough to tell him. That touched him, slightly, but right now he had this problem to solve.

"I really wouldn't mind unless you die on me" he said sarcastically. Tris' eyes widened. So she did know.

"I'll try not to" she put out. Her tone was light, but forced so. She was trying to look brave, even though she was worried sick. He put an arm around her shoulder and steered her away from the Pit and towards his apartment. There, they could talk freely.

Just a very quick filler chappie :) R&R guys!!! Hope you enjoyed it. Sorry if there are any mistakes: it's 11.45pm. Night lovelies.
Peace out xx ✌
~JaceIsNaturalBlonde