Chapter 13

Heey!!! It's Monday, which means... UPDAAATEEE!!! Anyway, hope you enjoy! I will do a Valentine's Day special later on ;) Oh God I just heard an interview with Jai... Holy crap his voice is agcdfbkfvvjyccazbkotfvj ♥

Disclaimer: The usual... I can't think of anything funny to say

ERIC'S P.O.V.

"Sshhh." I whisper.

Tris' s footsteps are echoing around Dauntless' deserted halls.

"Sorry." She mutters.

She removes her shoes and treads more silently. When we reach the control room floor, we run into Peter. I grit my teeth and aim my gun towards his chest.

"Don't. They'll hear us." Tris says.

She creeps up behind him and knocks him out cold with a punch to the head. He falls to the ground.

"Come on!" Tris calls.

We run along the corridor and quietly slip into the control room. Swarms of Erudite are running around and playing with the computers. Tris grabs some knives she finds.

Stupid braniacs, leaving weapons lying around.

"Shall I shoot them?" I ask her.

She nods and readies herself. I load the gun and fire. Erudite after Erudite falls, their blue clothes stained with red. They don't even have time to fight back. When they're all down, I hear Tris' voice.

"Now shut it down." She says.

"Never." Jeanine Matthews' voice answers.

"There's a beauty to your resistance. But it's a beauty we can't afford, so for your own sake: Shut. It. Down."

A strangled gasp. I turn to see the Erudite leader, with her hand against a monitor, knife stuck deeply inside it, being held with a knife at the throat by Tris.

"Eric do you know how to stop it?" Tris asks me.

I give it a one-over and nod. I start fidgeting with the buttons until a message flashes on the screen:

Simulation successfully stopped.

"Nooo!" Jeanine cries.

"Shall I?" Tris asks me, pointing to the knife.

"Yes. All she can do from now is trouble."

And with that, Jeanine's body goes slack, blood pouring from her wound, eyes glassy. On the screens, all the Dauntless are looking around confused. I hug Tris from behind.

"Well done!" I say, before leaning in to kiss her.

"Let's go, before someone comes." She whispers.

We exit Dauntless. Thousands of Abnegation are there, cheering. In front of them, Andrew and Natalie Prior. A smile creeps onto my lips.

"Bea- Tris, as a thank you for your help and for saving Abnegation, we would like to offer you a place as leader of our reforming committee. We are going to redesign the whole faction system and we would like you to be a part of it." Says her dad.

Two years later...

The factions have been remade: Abnegation is less extreme with it's selfless rules, Erudite less power seeking and dedicate their time to useful research, Amity are less 'hippie', Candor remains pretty much the same and Dauntless is now less daredevil and ruthless and more for ordinary acts of bravery, like the manifesto says. Candor serves as our court, Dauntless protect the city, Erudite provides technology and Abnegation and Amity run the government. All is well. There are no more factionless and Divergents aren't seen as enemies. I proposed to Tris a month ago and she accepted. We are getting married tomorrow.

No, the story is not over, don't despair. ;) hope you enjoyed.
Peace out xx
-JaceIsNaturalBlonde