"how come?" eddie asked.

"cause then you're eating it." richie told him as he gagged and ocean accidentally inhaled the air into her mouth.

"ugh." she coughed.

"why would you do that?" eddie sighed as richie walked away.

"well, i didn't do it on purpose." ocean turned to the boy while he held a piece of paper with a distorted expression, "richie?"

"what?" bill questioned, looking at the freaked out look on his face.

"it-it says i'm missing."

"y-y-y-you're not missing, richie." bill told him as the three kids walked over to him.

"police department of derry! that's my shirt, that's my hair, that's my face!" richie panicked.

"calm down, this isn't real."

"that's my name, that's my age, that's the date..." richie continued his eyes glued to the paper.

"it can't be real richie." bill raised his voice as he tried to take the sheet from him.

"no it says it!" richie yelled, "it says it."

"calm down."

"what the fuck? it says i'm missing. am i missing? will i disappear?" richie panicked.

"richie calm the hell down." ocean told him but he wouldn't stop. she put her arms on his shoulder just like he did the previous day, "look at me, rich. look at me. this isn't real. it's playing tricks on you."

"smartest t-thing she's ever said and she's right." bill agreed.

"go away."

"hello?" a girl's voice asked from the second floor.

"help me please." the same voice cried as the four teens climbed up the old stairs.

"betty?" bill asked watching the girl struggle to breathe on the floor.

"ripsom?" richie questioned before the girl suddenly glided across the floor and out of sight causing ocean to gasp.

"did you guys hear that?" eddie asked, ocean turned around and noticed he was a bit far away from her.

"you alright?" she asked as she walked over to him. ocean noticed his breathing began to turn uneven.

"can i?" ocean urged, gesturing to his inhaler and eddie placed it into her hands, "are you sure? i have many germs."

"fuck germs." eddie told her causing her to smile and take a hit of his inhaler.

unlike the last time she tried it, it helped.

"battery acid?" eddie quizzed.

"a bit, thanks." she placed it back into his hand.

suddenly the door behind them slammed shut.

"bill? richie?" eddie yelled.

"guys?!"

"what the-?" ocean asked as she and eddie raced to the locked door, they quickly stopped as the floor in front of the door began to crumble and break.

"ocean? eddie?" bill asked on the other side as he tried to open it but it wouldn't move.

as the two stood in front of the large hole, a hand reached out and tapped both their shoulders.

"time to take your pill eddie." the leper reminded the boy but what ocean saw was completely different.

she saw nothing. complete darkness. however, once again, she could not breathe. her eyes rolled to the back of her head due to lack of oxygen just as eddie fainted from shock.