Chapter Two

The next month there was nothing special going on, just useless patrols and missions that the rookies weren't allowed to go on. Occasionally Nozel would make me go with Y/N and Sophie on those patrols where Sophie would act super weird and touchy, doing stuff like brushing arms with me or grabbing my shoulder creepily, messing up the fur on my robe.

It finally came time where Nozel set us a mission, he called us to his office for a briefing.

Why the hell do I have to come? I have nothing to do with this. I thought as I stomped over to his office in front of the two newbies.

We entered without a word and sat in front of his desk, waiting for our task.

"As you have been told, Solid, there's finally been a mission that You, Y/N and Sophie are allowed to go on, being new. There have been bandits coming to a village far off in the forsaken realm every year, stealing valuable things, or what the villagers consider valuable and their harvests. This years harvest is coming up soon and I need you three to stay there until the bandits show up. The mayor has offered us a vacant house stocked with food, beds and water."

Y/N P.O.V (Finally lol)

We had finally gotten to the Silver Eagles base, I had already gotten my first warning for talking back to that snot-nose captain. I met up with his younger brother, honestly I had no idea if they were even related, the dude did look like Nozel just with a different hairstyle and more arrogant looking so I just assumed they were brothers. I got distracted and missed the whole conversation that Nozel and that boy had, I looked at him and got a good look, he looked around my age but he wore an arrogant smirk that just screamed "I think I'm the greatest because I was born incredibly powerful but in reality the second anything bad happens I can't do anything", I knew that look anywhere, plenty of greedy nobles and Royalty who've wronged me and my family have worn that same smirk. I let Nozel and that spatial mage talk while I looked around, the doors suddenly opened and we were walking through,

"Thank you!" I yelled out cheerfully while waving, seeing that arrogant probably-Nozels-brother bastard turn to look at me, I had an urge to poke my tongue out at him but he'd probably get me kicked out somehow.

Once we had made it to the Silver Eagles base Nozel turned to look at us all,
"Y/N, Sophie, I'll lead you to your rooms, Solid I need you to come with me too," Why does that Jackass have to come with us? I finally stopped zoning out so much and went after that cold captain. I heard that Solid guy mutter something under his breath that I couldn't hear. We continued walking down a couple of halls until Solid finally spoke up.
""Nozel, why are we heading in the general direction of my room?" He asked. Is that why he's coming with us? Are we near his room? We reached a hall with 3 rooms, at the end there was a large grand door and two more doors not as grand as the one next to them on the left.

"You may not like it but we're short on rooms due to so many people joining lately, the only two rooms left are the rooms next to yours," The Captain said.

"Y/N will be on the left of your room and Sophies will be on the left of Y/N's," He said once more, looking back at Solid and doing his signature glare, visibly scaring Solid, "Is that alright with you." It was much less like a question and more like he was ordering him to agree,

"Y-yes Captain Nozel," He said, looking down and anywhere but the Captains cold eyes. He addressed him by 'Captain'? Aren't they brothers or something?

I ignored that though and turned to the no longer intimidated Silva sibling who turned to glare at us, not as strong as Captain Nozel had done, however. He stomped into his room and slammed his door. I sighed and also went into my new room, unpacking the one bag I had, placing the clothes I had in the drawers and putting a photo frame of all my friends from back at the village and another frame with me, my mother and my father. I knew that our family was now completely shattered but I was glad that I was able to get the memories I have from them.

The next month I went on patrols with Sophie and Solid since there were no missions we were allowed to go on at our level, I'm not sure why the captain kept placing Solid with us but I didn't care, the idiot was kind of funny whenever he tried to insult me, I kept a close eye on him throughout this whole month and noticed a couple little quirks that I don't think he knows he even has, for example: whenever he lies about something the very tips of his ears go red. There was one patrol that I remember pretty vividly because it was strange.

The three of us were walking through the royal capital, many people came and said hi to us but around the outskirts of the patrol there weren't that many people around and Sophie started acting strange. She put her hand on Solids shoulder weirdly delicately and kind of creepily, sort of messing up the fur on his robe. I noticed she sucked her stomach in a bit, popping her chest and hips out. Holy shit she wants to bang him. I freaked out at that though, desperately trying to unthink that. It's not like she wouldn't be able to do it, she had large hips, a large chest, a slim waist and wavy blonde hair that went down to her chest, she had pale, soft skin and large blue eyes and a lot of guys in the squad seemed to like her. Even though Solid was a sadistic prick she was still trying to pick him up? Why? I ignored whatever she was trying to do, I had nothing to do with their weird... Things. She said a few words to him and then moved away a little. After she let go of Solids shoulder, he fixed the fur on his robe and sighed. I zoned out, not wanting to watch looking at all the scenery around me.