CH22 - The Cold-hearted Warrior

Start from the beginning

"I shall take them master." Seiryu replied as his eyes shined through the darkness. "You and I both know that Genbu and Byakko had become soft in these years of containment." He then stood up and walked toward the crystal a little closer. "Their tenderfoot mistakes will not be repeated."

"Very well." The mastermind agreed. "But please leave my future bride to be to me."

"Of course master." Replied Seiryu smoothly before walking away.

_________________________________________________________

"You can put me down now, Rosehead." I asked the redheaded boy politely.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" The redhead asked, still concerned about my condition. Sure I might need a bit more time for my spirit energy to return but I feel good enough to walk at least.

"Positive." I sighed with a small nod. He didn't seem that convinced but nonetheless he nodded back at me and crouched down and let me stand on my feet again. I stumbled a little, but the redheaded boy caught me with one hand on my shoulder while his other arm was around it. 

"It's fine. Don't worry. . ." I reassured him as I pulled away  and began to rub my eyes. Man, I felt so tired. . . 

From the corner of my eyes I noticed Carrot Top looking at me with a weird expression.

"What?" I asked him a little annoyed as I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Uhh, I have been wondering about something." Kuwabara said as he nervously scratched his cheek with his pinkie.

"Then spill it." Yusuke said with a bored tone that matched his expression as well.

"Are you two are dating or something?" The idiot asked as he looked between me and Shuichi. "I kinda noticed how comfortable you are with him and also you two call each other with nicknames." At that, I felt my breath get caught in my throat. I took a side glance from Rosehead, who kinda looked a little taken aback and his ears turned a bit pink as well. 

Umm, okay. . . ? He is probably just embarrassed.

"N-not really." Shuichi replied as he shifted uncomfortably, clearly a bit surprised by the unexpected question.

"We're not dating." I answered the idiot's question dully. "We've known each other since childhood."

"Yes." Rosehead confirmed with a small nod.

"You know, it's kind of funny that we have never met." Yusuke commented as we kept on walking. "I mean we met your brother Sanyu, but I had never seen you around." At the mention of that name, I felt my body tense up a little.

"Well now that you mentioned it, this is indeed surprising." Kurama replied in agreement.

"Uhh, I'm a little lost here. . . " Carrot head said a little puzzled.

"Hn." I scoffed as I began to walk to the front. "Let's save the chit-chat for later, we still got two beasts to deal with." I really don't like to talk anymore about the topic. It's not like I am ashamed of it, it's just painful for me still.

After walking for a good amount of time, we finally reached another huge door. It was blue that had gold outlines and other decorations. Lightning struck for like three times, creating a dramatic effect and shade for those dragon statues that were guarding the door at each side.

"Are we supposed to be scared?" Hiei asked with the slightest hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Perhaps." Shuichi replied. "That is the mark of the blue dragon, and judging by the odor, I'd say the beast is inside."