Chapter 4

Melody woke up to her alarm. She wanted to roll back over and go back to sleep, but she knew if she did she would be late. She hated working Sundays. But her waitress job was the only thing keeping her sane this summer and she didn't want to risk losing it. Sundays meant earlier hours for her and a post church rush. She usually only worked weekdays but her coworker asked and she was too nice to say no. Melody got up and went to shower. Afterwards while getting ready she hit her computer, waking it up. That's when she saw Riley's messages. 

Melody rolled her eyes at him calling her sweetheart. She could only guess from his typing and...flirtatious?...comments that he was probably drunk when he logged on last night. She wanted to write him back but she had to leave for work...before she could retrink it and tell herself it was a horrible idea...she sent him a message with her cell number. She hit send and had to run out the door to make it to work on time.

------

Riley rolled over and moaned. His head hurt so bad he could barely open his eyes. Thankfully it was Sunday he thought to himself. Sundays were the only days he had free. He got up and grabbed some ibuprofen and a bottle of water. He had to stop himself from downing the whole bottle at once. He knew he needed to eat something, so he dressed to go to the cafeteria. He kicked his roommate's bed.

"Mitchell! Get up, we're going to the mess hall." 

His roommate groaned and tried to throw something at him before sitting up and putting his head in his hands. He climbed out of bed and started getting dressed.

"How did your chat go last night?"

"What are you talking about dude?"

"Your drunk ass got online as soon as we got back last night. You said something about an online chick."

"Shit!"

Riley sat down at his computer and woke it up. He barely remembered the night before.

"I told you to go to bed but you didn't listen."

Riley groaned when he read the messages he had sent.

"That bad?" Mitchell laughed.

Then Riley smirked. 

"Whatever man, women love me! I got her number."

Riley put her number in his cell and closed his computer. The guys finished getting ready, left for a late breakfast. Riley didn't waste any time and decided to text her.

Demonic_SweetTreat? This is Receiver2.0…..hey. -R