𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

As soon as the sun had fallen behind the horizon, I left to go meet up with the boys. I made my way through the dark forest, the only light being the sliver moonbeams pouring in through the branches. I heard faint whispers, I walked towards the voices slowly. "hello?" a familiar British voice said, it was Toby, "It's just me" I spoke as I turned the corner. 

Tommy was sitting on the grass leaning up against a tree while Toby was picking leaves off the branches. "Hi Ivy" "Hey" I sat down on the ground next to Tommy, "how are you?" the blonde boy asked me, I shrugged, "I've been better" "Yeah, me too" Toby came over and sat in front of us. 

"What do we do about this whole thing?" Toby asked, "there isn't really much we can do, regardless of what anyone says this war is gonna happen," I said honestly, "Can we make a pact?" he spoke softly, "About what?" Tommy questioned, "that no matter what happens, we'll all remain friends?" I nodded my head as did Tommy. 

We spent the next few hours just enjoying one another's company, it was nice to get away from the war stuff even though it had barely even started. Toby and I climbed trees, gazing at the stars, "look, I can see the big dipper!" his tone laced with excitement, I let out a soft laugh. 

I glanced down at Tommy who was still sitting on the floor, "Come up here Tommy" I yelled, "I don't want to" he protested, "you sacred?" "I'm not sacred," "yeah you are" I egged him on, he eventually stood up and climbed up the oak tree to Toby and me. 

Before we knew it the navy sky was beginning to get lighter and lighter, all of us got down and looked at one another. "Well, boys, I'll see you tonight" Tommy gave me a warm smile, as did Toby, "bye Ivy" "see you later" we headed off in our separate directions. 

After a 15 minute walk, I was back at the house. I carefully made my way back in and climbed into bed before falling fast asleep.