"You clearly aren't a muggleborn, as your clearly educated in our ways and etiquette. Are you a halfblood?" Daphne asked.

"No, I'm a Pureblood, but, I'd rather not talk about it, seeing as how I just met you." Harry said.

"Understandable. My apologies." Daphne said. Suddenly the door of the compartment opened, causing both preteens to turn towards the door, and two darker skinned preteens walked in.

"I'm telling you Tracey there was blood coming out of Malfoy's nose." Said a boy.

"I really doubt it Blaise, it's not like anyone is going to deck Malfoy like that." Tracey, the girl said.

"Actually his nose was broken by Mr. Thornwood here- where did he go?" Daphne said suddenly.

True to her word, the seat where Harry was sitting was now vacant, and Harry was nowhere to be seen. "Who?" Tracey asked.

"Hadrian Thornwood, he was sitting here a minute ago." Daphne said looking around.

"Daphne, are you pulling our legs? There's clearly no one here." Tracey said.

"But he was! He saved me from Malfoy as well." Daphne exclaimed.

"What do you mean save you?" Blaise asked. Daphne then recounted her earlier experience with the Malfoy heir.

"That bastard!" Tracey yelled.

"But what of Thornwood. You clearly haven't made him up." Blaise thought aloud.

"I don't know, he seems to have strange magic." Daphne said.

"Well, we will just have to wait and see." Tracey said.

"That was close. Don't want to many people to learn of me just yet." Harry said as he stepped out of the shadows in his own compartment. "Shadow travel really is a wonderful skill." Harry said as he sat down. Shadow travel, or shadow walking, is a skill that comes to all Umbramancer's at some point in their training. It allows the wizard to step into the shadows and move about unseen until one steps back out through a shadow. Selena meowed from her cage and pawed the lock. "Alright Selena, I'll let you out." He said before getting up. The leopard jumped from the cage onto Harry's head, knocking him over. "Jeez Selena, you really hate your cage." He said as he got up from the floor.

"Sssssssseeeeeeeeeeee." The train squealed as it slowed into the station. "Alright Selena, I don't think I can take you with me to the sorting." Harry said. Selena's head fell as she sadly walked into her cage. "But, seeing as you are my familiar, why not stir up some change?" Harry smiled with a lopsided grin. Selena meowed excitedly and ran to Harry's leg and started to rub her face on him while purring. Harry chuckled and bent down and grabbed Selena, and placed her on his shoulder before leaving the compartment.

"Firs' years over 'ere!" A large man yelled. Harry walked towards the man and saw Daphne with her friends. He gave a smile and waved while walking in the crowd.

"That's Thornwood." Daphne whispered to her friends. Blaise and Tracey looked over and saw the waving boy.

"I gotta say Daph, he's not bad looking." Tracey said, causing Daphne to blush.

"Gross Trace, we're eleven." Blaise said.

"Yeah, but in a few years..." Tracey said, leaving the comment in the air. Daphne blushed even harder.

"Hah, I knew it." Tracey said as they kept walking towards a pier.

"Alright firs' years. Two t'a boat!" The large man said, getting in his own boat. Daphne immediately appeared next to Harry.