I hadn't seen Harry in nearly eighteen hours. In my opinion, the whole "you can't see the groom/bride in the night before the wedding" was a load of bullshit, but it was hard to fight against a group of people who thought it was useful.

We would spend the night at our house - yes, we had moved out of the apartment but that was a whole other story - and would leave for our honeymoon in the morning.

I was so incredible agitated and excited, but anxious at the same time.

What if something went wrong? What if I tripped while walking down the aisle? What if Harry didn't want to marry me after all?

Lots of what if questions were swirling around in my head, only adding to my anxiety.

And then Lisa, Phoebe, Theresa and Gemma told me they had to leave now as the ceremony was about to start any minute.

I began to panic. "No, you can't leave me alone!"

Phoebe laughed good-heartedly and kissed my cheek. "You'll be fine. Just take a deep breath and walk down that aisle like you own the world. Just think about Harry, waiting for you in front of the altar. Dad will be by your side, you're not alone."

Each of the girls hugged me, Gemma being the last. "I'm so, so happy. The two of you are good for each other, and you will have a bright future, I know it."

My mom was the only one who stayed by my side. "Look at you, all grown-up," she sniffed, tears sparkling in her eyes.

"Mom." I intended to groan it, but I was too blithely and too scared to feel anything but the warmth and panic in my heart.

"Here." She handed my bouquet of violet tulips on to me and smiled proudly at me. "I'll leave now."

I hugged her tight and accepted her kisses on my cheeks gratefully. "I love you, mom."

She sniffed once more and patted my cheeks softly. "I love you, too."

A knock sounded on the door and I called, "Come in," expecting my father.

And sure enough, he walked inside, wearing a black tuxedo and a violet bow tie to match my flowers. He had refused to wear it at first, but I was good at persuading. And threatening.

"Hi darling," he greeted my mom, briefly kissing her on the lips while I smiled like a little idiot.

My parents had their silver wedding three years ago and even though they could be strict at times, I knew that they loved each other, just like they loved their two daughters.

Dad turned around to stare at me with glossy eyes. "My beautiful baby girl is getting married." He blinked a few times.

If he started to cry now, I would surely lose my cool.

Mom kissed me on the cheek one last time and walked out of the backroom and into the chapel.

Why we had decided to get married in a chapel? Honestly, absolutely no idea. Harry swore up and down that he was Jewish - despite the fact that he was Catholic - and I didn't believe in some kind of higher power. A church wedding simply seemed to be perfect and after all, I hoped that the universe would bless our wedding and marriage.

I could hear the low hum of conversation which was stopped abruptly as the opening music started playing. I knew we were mere minutes away from the song that announced my entrance.

"Are you ready?" Dad asked as he led me to the door, listening in to the music.

"I'm peeing my pants," I replied and looked down my body, "or my dress. Whatever floats your boat."