Chapter 55: You're Special

Start from the beginning

" Ara, Hi Erin-chan."

" Akeno-senpai." She uttered in surprise. "W-Why are you here?"

" Our final preparations for the meeting ended late. I suggested Akeno that she sleep here instead." came the reply of Rias behind Erin.

" I hope I'm not a bother."

" Not at all, senpai. You can spend the night here."

" Fufu, thank you, Erin-chan. And for what you said earlier too."

Erin looked at Rias nervously and quickly waved Akeno off.

" No problem, senpai. That was nothing."

" You really are a good kouhai, fufu. Why don't you come here so I could give you another lap pillow?"

" Uh- no, it's okay, senpai." Erin quickly replied.

" Unless you want Rias to blast us away, haha."

Akeno didn't listen and proceeded to pull her towards the bed.

" Wah- s-senpai!"

" Akeno..." Rias said in a creepy tone. "I know that you are my best friend but it doesn't mean that I'll let you get away with things that easily! Slow down on your antics."

" Fufu. What type of King pleads for her opponents to slow down?" This comment irked Rias and Erin fidgeted on her spot.

"Um Buchou, Akeno-senpai? I hope you aren't forgetting that it is already near midnight. You might wake the others up."

Erin's words fell to deaf ears as the 2 Onee-samas continue to banter, forcing her to leave the room.

______________________________________
" Oh, sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going."

" It's okay, Rias." Erin assured as she wiped her now soaked shirt. The red head bumped into her while she was on her way to grab some snacks on the kitchen.

"I'm being a klutz." mumbled Rias to herself.

" It's okay, really. It's kind of dark in here so yeah."

" Aren't you going to stay with us in the room?"

"Um, no. I'll just stay in the guest room for tonight." Erin sheepishly replied. The idea of staying in a room with the 2 makes her awkward. Not to mention, she wasn't sure if Rias was still upset.

"About earlier..." Erin started which made Rias focus on her.

"Umm, I apologize if...you know. But Akeno and I aren't doing anything wrong."

" Akeno already explained to me what happened. So I'm not upset about it."

" Oh, okay.." Erin looked down shyly.

" Do you have anything more to say?" Rias looked at her intently.

" Ah-No... That's all, haha." came her awkward reply.

Rias sighed and went to retrieve her water.

" If that is all, I should head back now." She had a faraway look. "Good night."

" B-Baka.. Say something!"

Rias passed by her and the expression the girl held caused Erin's eyes to widen.

Her body acted on its own, making her hug the red head behind.

" E-Erin?" Rias was slightly suprised.

" I'm sorry..." Erin buried her face on the red head's shoulders. " About what I said.. I wasn't really thinking."

" I-I'm not upset anymore about what happened between you and Akeno. If that's what you're -

" You're not just some random person. Stop thinking that way."

Erin tightened her hold.

" I'm not really good with feelings. And I know that I might not have any r-romantic feelings.. but whatever the case is, I want to let you know that you are Special to me."

Rias gasped at this.

" So stop saying that you are unimportant and that I don't care for you. Because I value you same as how I want to protect Asia. Maybe it's a bit different with you cuz you know....."

Rias placed her hands on top of Erin's hold.

" Can you face me?"

" No.." Erin hid her face further. " It's embarassing."

" Please?"

" I don't want to." Erin protested and strengthened her hold. Rias sighed at this and gently removed her arms, turning around so she can face the Goddess.

Erin avoided looking at her but Rias gently touched her face so they will have eye-to-eye contact.

"Thank you for clarifying that one out." Rias warmly said.

" I-It's the truth, anyway.."

Erin held a hand up before Rias could kiss her.

" I'm sorry but I want to sort my feelings out. So we should avoid k-kissing for now." She said with a blush. Rias was a bit disappointed at this but nodded nonetheless.

" Of course. I don't want to take advantage of you."

" So instead of full kisses, I'll just do this instead."

Erin placed a kiss on her forehead and Rias melted on the action, wrapping her arms on the Goddess' waist.

They were unaware of the lone figure of Akeno, leaning discreetly behind the wall to observe their interaction.

- End of Chapter -

Author's Note: Oohh. This is getting a little dramatic 👀. Whose side are you on? Are you Team Red or Team Raven?