Peeking out, I ensured that the hall's were quiet before rolling to the elevator. I would need to ride it all the way down in order to avoid the stairs that led to the Den. That put me into needing to take the long, narrow hallway to the Den. As the elevator dinged to a stop I rolled out into the dimly lit hall. At this time of night it gave off an eerie vibe and I had to shake it off. I nearly laughed as I thought how perfect this hall would be for a horror flick. Add me rolling down it in this creepy chair.

As I came to the entrance of the Den I paused. It has been a long time since I had seen this place. The last time I was here I was laying in a puddle of my own blood in my wedding dress.... Vows I never got to say... A surprise wedding to my ex husband. Tears filled my eye's as I recalled how many time's Olive had begged me to remarry him and now I wished I had.  I'll never forget the look on his face as he realized that he was being brought to his very own surprise wedding. Or the look he gave me when I emerged in my dress right before the first bullet rang out and his look of love turned to terror then anger.

Thankfully I was able to slip past the few nurses that were on duty at the medical facility and make my way towards the back where Cole was being kept in a safe room. Never before had we had to use this room. The floors, walls and ceilings were padded to reduce the risk of self harm. There was no windows except for a tiny one on the door to observe him. No bed or even a mattress adorned the floor. I wasn't able to see in because I couldn't stand. Looking up I spotted the key hung on a peg by the door out of my reach. Once again using my arm strength I used the arm's of my chair to rise up. Quickly I snatched the key before collapsing back into my chair. Every so carefully I unlocked the door. The room was so dark that I couldn't see a thing. I pushed the door open a little farther to allow some light to stream in and it all happened so fast.

Suddenly my chair was jerked roughly into the room nearly tossing me out and the door slammed shut behind me. The room was filled with darkness again and I saw nothing, heard nothing. Did he run out and lock me in here or is he waiting in the dark to attack? I was too scared to speak not knowing how far gone his mind was. If he thought I was the enemy and decided to attack there would be nothing I could do in my condition. Cole would kill me.

To my far left I heard movement and looked that way which I realized my mistake all too soon. I should've known better. As one of our best trackers Cole had the ability to make it like he was on the other side of the room when in fact he was right on you. It was too late when I realized my slip up. Suddenly me along with my chair was being slung aside tossing me out onto the floor. I landed with a hard thump on my stomach and lost my breath. "Did you come to stick more needles in me? Above more medicine on me? I refuse to get better. I fucking like it here, she's here. I can see and talk to her here. I'll kill you before you take me away from her". He foamed.

I knew he meant it so I had to say something. "Olive it's me baby".

Silence then he exploded. "Is this a sick joke? Another fucked up part of my mind teasing me? Or are you trying to do me in, get rid of the crazy one?"

" No baby please, it's me. I'm alive. I was just sick for awhile but I'm back now. Please let's talk and fix this". I pleaded.

After a moment Cole clapped his hands and the light clicked on. As apart of the safe room no light switches were mounted. The lights worked by sound. I laid flat on my stomach as he stared down at me. "Don't look at me". I said ashamed.

" baby girl? " his voice cracked.

In the next instant he started screaming and pounding his fist into his head. "Fuck you mind. She's dead. She's dead. Stop fucking with me".

I managed to pull myself up in a sitting position as I used my arm's to try and drag me toward the door. "If it's really you baby girl and you're not dead or a figment of my imagination walk to me". He demanded.

My tears spilled over as I announced. "I can't walk Cole. Remember I was shot. The bullet hit my spine but I'm really alive".

" Walk to me". He boomed.

I shook my head sadly and croaked out. "I can't walk anymore" .

"Shut the fuck up with your crying and fucking walk you cry baby". He screamed at me.

Anger begin to override my sorrow and I screamed. "Fuck you Cole Butini."

In my rage I hadn't noticed that I moved my leg and was now standing on my knees. I tried to stand but collapsed. Moving back onto my knees I exhaled. "I can't" .

"Then fucking crawl to me baby girl. I'm not going to feel sorry for your lame ass. The one thing I know about my baby girl is that she hates pity or to be helped. So if it's really you you'll find a way". He growled.

Taking everything I had I begin to crawl to him. I fell a few time's and struggled with each movement as he glared down at me smugly. Finally I reached his feet and collapsed exhausted. Suddenly I was jerked up by my arms and he held me up steady in front of him. My feet curled under unable to remain flattened on the floor. If he decided to let me go I'd fall and possibly injure myself more. "Please don't let me go". I whispered.

" it's really you isn't it? " he asked.

I nodded through my tears. "I'm not going to let you go". He assured me.

" I think I like you better this way. You can never run from me again and oh the thing's I can do to you now my helpless baby girl". He grinned.

Before I could react his mouth crashed down on mine brutally. Even though I knew he was far away I knew that I caught a glimpse of my Olive in there. Suddenly the door swung open roughly and there was my Pape and Demarco. Obviously the nurse heard us and sent for them. "Set her down gently Cole". My Pape warned.

I knew then just what Cole needed to heal. "He's coming home right now and out of this place. I will watch him and take care of him. Olive let's go home" .

Cole smirked at them and lifted me up bridal style. He kicked my wheelchair out of the way as we exited the room.

Do you think Cole was too harsh with Miri?

Is bringing him home like this the best move?

Does Cole really realize the extent of Miri's condition or is his mind interfering?

Can they help each other?