Only need Eachother

Time went by and Hikaru and Kaoru became some of our closest friends as children. Suddenly one day my parents took us into our room and told us in the sweetest way they could the most horrible thing that would change our lives forever.  

"Girls, your Mother is going to move to the U.S. for a new experience." our Father explained. We just looked at them wide-eyed.  

"And surprise!" our Mom said trying to act excited, "you two are moving with me!" We looked at them and calmly asked.  

"So go see United States today, and come back after summer?" As soon as we asked that our Father seemed to get a sad look on his face, his eyes drooped down and he stood up letting his head drop a little and he left the room. 

"Well girls," Mother started, "We're going to live there for, like, ever." We froze staring at our Mother. We didn't object, there was no point in trying to, it wouldn't change anything. So we left. We left the only life we knew together, our only friends, Hikaru and Kaoru, and our loving Father. 

Years later we were at the end of the summer break of our 8th grade year in school.  

"Yuri?" Tori asked breaking the silence as we walked home. "Do you think its time to ask her?" I sighed.  

"I'm not sure, Tori" I paused and looked down, "I sure hope so." we kept on walking in perfect sync when Tori stopped in her tracks.  

"I hate this!" She said sternly. I stopped to look back to her. "We both hate living here, we don't have any friends, and nothing has changed at all!" she looked down clenching he fists. "and now Mom has another bum boyfriend that she thinks is perfect!" I walked up to her and put my arm around her. "and on top of all that," she paused before continuing with tears starting to fill in her eyes, "not one person has been able to tell us apart. Not even our own Mother!" I froze hearing he say those words and felt my eyes starting to swell up in tears. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her. "Do you think," she started to say sobbing, "They still have this problem?" I jumped a little at the question. 

"I-I don't know Tori, I really just don't know." I replied quietly. She reached her hand and put it on my arm.  

"It's okay, all we need is each other right?" I looked at her. Tears streaming down both of our faces. She smiled at me and I couldn't help myself but to smile back. 

"Right!" I replied.