Taunting through the second year

Start from the beginning

Harry continues to chase after the Snitch. He almost catches it, but the Bludger comes up and hits his arm, breaking it. I hear a crunch come from his arm and Harry winces. Somehow Even with a broken arm Harry still managed to catch the Snitch. We won. He smiles as the crowd cheers. But that damn Bludger still wasn't satisfied. Harry rolls to the side as it tries to squash him like a bug. Hermione runs over to Harry. "Finite Incantato!" The Bludger burts into sparks.

That afternoon everyone checks in on Harry. Across the room Draco was moaning and groaning. "Oh Malfoy stop making such a fuss, you can go. Out of my way, out of my way." Pomfrey pushes through the small crowd that formed around Harry's bed and poured him some of the same potion she gave me when my skull was broken.

Some time later..

To answer my question at the beginning of the school year, the Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Filtch's cat Mrs. Norris was petrified on Halloween. Followed by Colin Creevey, who was petrified about three weeks ago.
The culprit has been quiet since.

I meet Harry, Ron and Hermione for the first ever meeting of the dueling club. Harry and Draco were chosen to duel. "Wands at the ready." Lockhart says. They face each other and hold their wands up by their faces. "Scared Potter?" Draco spits. "You wish." Harry replies. They flick their wands down by their side, turn so that their backs are now facing, take multiple steps forward and turn once more. "On the count of three." Lockharts says as they move one hand up by their heads and the other holding their wands, pointing at one another. "Cast your charms to disarm you opponent. Only to disarm. We don't want any accidents here. One.. two.." before Lockhart can get to three, Draco fires a spell sending Harry flying across room. The Gryffindor's gasp and the Slytherin's laugh. Draco smirks, backing off a tiny bit. Harry quickly gets to his feet and fires back, causing Draco to spin across the room and land on his arse. "I said disarm only!" Lockhart says, but Draco ignores him. "Serpensortia!" Draco shouts.
A large snake comes shooting out of Draco's wand and lands a few feet in front of Harry. It hisses and slithers along the floor. I shiver, not a fan of snakes. But I'm impressed by Draco's knowledge of that spell.

"Now, Now Potter, I'll get rid of it for you." Snape says, walking towards the snake. "Allow me professor Snape." Lockhart says, stepping up. "Alarte Ascendare." The snake shoots straight up in the air, and falls back onto the floor. Now rather pissed off, the snake looks around and hisses. To everyone's surprise, Harry says something I don't understand. He was talking to the snake. Wait. I recognize that.. but why would I.. the closet. I've heard that language before, from Quirrell. I look for Draco, his eyes were wide. He looks at me. The snake turns and looks at Justin Fletchley. Harry says something in whatever language he spoke a few moments ago. Everyone is very still. Harry repeats his "words" and the snake turns around to look at Harry. Finally Snape steps in and mumbles a spell and the snake burns up into ash.

Parseltongue. Harry spoke Parseltongue that day during the duel.

Prof. Lockhart has barely taught us anything this year. All of his classes are on what he claims to have done. For what seems like an eternity, we sit there. Half listening to Lockhart go on, and on, and on about all the fabulous things he's managed to pull off.

Yet again, we're paired with Slytherin for the next few classes until the holidays. Which means, more time with Draco. More taunting, teasing, tripping, laughing, and everything else I've had to put up with. It doesn't really bother me or hurt my feelings, but it gets annoying.

"Today will will be working on a liquid healer. You will partner up, and have two hours and ten minutes to start and complete your potion. You better hope it works, because you will be testing them out of each other." Snape hisses. Everyone starts whispering around. I'm pretty decent when it comes to potions, so I'm not too worried about that part. However, I am worried about the partner part. Snape is very fond of torturing me and Draco by pairing us together when he gets the chance.