Knock

Knock

Knock

"Who is it?" He yelled, he sounded tired.

"Kas."

I heard movement from inside the room before he opened the door and leaned against the frame leaving the door wide open. He has no problem with me seeing what's in there; he just doesn't want me to be physically in the room.

"Where are your pants?"

"I'm wearing pants. The shirt is just big."

"What did you want?"

"Come to the kitchen."

"I'm in the middle of something important Kassandra. What is it that you need from me?" Something about the way he says my name sounds so good.

"Mica wants you to go in there." I told him.

He pushed himself off the door and followed me into the kitchen, reluctance showing in his body language.

"Stop moving your arms so much. When you lift them up like that it doesn't cover you as much as you think it does." Sucks to suck, stop looking.

"Happy birthday!" Mica yelled as soon as we stepped into the room.

"Thank you." He said while a smile found its way onto his face.

"Of course! You're like halfway to 50! You're old." Mica said, a look of fake sympathy on her face as she broke into a smile. "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!" She started singing at the top of her lungs.

"Shut up." He said through his laughter. I think that's the first time I've heard him laugh. It's quite pretty. Musical.

"Are you one? Are you two? Are you three?" Bri started once Mica stopped singing.

"10, 20, 24." Matteo rushed it along.

"You're no fun!" Mica said.

"While I am very grateful I have things to do Mica. I was busy."

"Just blow out the candles and have some cake, please?"

"Of course." He said bending down to blow out the candles.

Mica quickly sliced the cake and placed the slices on plates. Matteo ate in silence, a small smile playing on his lips the entire time, while we talked about 'the vampire diaries'. Once we finished Matteo gave Mica a hug and walked back into his office. While Mica washed the dishes I ran up the stairs and picked up all the accessories and ran back down to hand them all to her. We said our goodbyes and I went upstairs, brushed my teeth and got into bed. I stayed up until 2am watching 'new girl' reruns.

Tomorrow is it.

Saturday, October 31, 2020

It's a brand new day. It's 12pm and I just woke up so congrats to me for that I guess. The party starts at 8 but I'm going down to help Mica set up around 6.

I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I quickly undressed and hopped into the shower. I hate shaving with a passion, but I hate having hair on my body even more.

2pm

'I took a lot longer than I meant to in the shower.' I thought to myself as I wrapped the towel around my body and stood in front of the mirror. Makeup time. What's angel-like? White, gold maybe light blue. I stared at myself in the mirror, unsure what to do with myself. I could do a cut crease, or just white shadow and eyeliner? Fuck this shit, I hate making decisions. Halo eyeshadow? That makes sense, angels and halos, yea.