The Lower Manhattan Mafia

Start from the beginning

I'm about to yell through the countless tears streaming down my face, when another man enters the room. The man walks up to the boss and leans in to try and keep quiet, even though I can hear.

"Boss, the letter has been sent to the other kid, Albert DaSilva," the man says before walking away. 'How the hell did they find out his last name?'. I look up at the boss, shooting daggers with how intense my glare is.

"What. Letter?" I ask through gritted teeth. The boss lets out another chuckle before standing up.

"Well, we can't just kill you, since ya little friend is also on ah case. Which is why we decided tah write little 'DaSilva' a letta tah lure him to a secretive location, and then bring 'im 'ere so dat you two can finally be rid of. In fact, I believe we have a copy of his letter right here, so allow me to read," the boss says, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a note. The only thing I can do is close my eyes as he begins to speak.

Albert's POV

"Albert, it's Y/n, I need ya help. There's these men who ah threatenin' tah kill me if I don't pay 'em ten dollahs. We're in the same alley dat the body was found in. Please, help. I don't have much time. Hurry," I read aloud to myself. 

'Y/n's in danger! I have to go help her!' I think to myself as soon as I push ten dollars into my pocket and begin running.

I feel my heart racing faster than anything at the Sheepshead. I can't let her die. I won't let her die.

Just as I look into the very alleyway that started everything, and see a couple shadowy figures waiting there. I can't tell if any of them are her, though, so I step closer.

"Have any of ya seen a goil wit' e/c eyes, h/c hair and some men come through 'ere?" I ask, stepping fully into the alley. My words seem to get their attention, as one of them mutters a "Yeah". I let out a sigh of relief as I run closer, trying to get any clue as to where she is.

But as soon as I'm within a foot of the people, one of them tackles me to the ground, while the others pin the rest of my body down. The man who tackles me laughs as he looks at my face.

"Hahaha! Is this seriously the one hot on our ass? He's just some punk!" He yells to his friends before letting out another glass shattering laugh. When he laughs, I can see his crooked, yellowed teeth poking out, and I'm almost afraid that he might stab me with them.

"That's what the boss said about the gal. And trust me, fah kids this age, they sure is smaht," another one of the men says. My heart aches when I hear him mention a 'gal', knowing that it must be Y/n. I just pray to god that she's unharmed. "Let's just get 'im back to the base before the boss gets upset at how long we'se takin'."

With that, I'm hoisted up. But before I can even think about running, one man punches me in the face, while another ties my hands behind my back. I'm about to yell for help, but one man punches me in the face again before leaning into my ear.

"Don't even think about callin' fer help, or else your little gailfriend might get hoit," a man in a slimy voice says, and I can tell that he feels proud about himself.

While he's speaking, another man ties a gag around my mouth, basically stopping me from talking altogether. But none of that matters to me. I just need to make sure that Y/n is okay.

Y/n's POV

"I don't have much time. Hur-" the boss nearly finishes reading the letter, but is interrupted by muffled yelling and a door opening. The boss pokes his head out of the room and into the hallway, before looking back at me with a disgusting smirky smile. "Looks like ya little friend is here."