CH21 - The Second Round

Start from the beginning

"The only thing you can do now is run." Byakko laughed maniacally before sending another set of Tiger Scream attacks. Miyuki let out a small gasp and just jumped from left to right, dodging each energy blast. At Byakko's third shot, Miyuki threw her kunai knives at the white tiger. However, they did no work because Byakko managed to hit them away with his paw like they were nothing more then annoying flies.

"Love to play sharp I see!" Stated the Beast as he formed shiny claws with his spirit energy. "Tiger Claws!" He threw them at Miyuki who just landed on another pillar. With quick reflexes, she waved her hands to pull out a small amount of water and manipulate its quantity, enough to create a big shield made out of ice. The girl ducked as well as those tiger claws hit the shield, missing their real target entirely.

"What the. . . ?!" Kuwabara gasped in shock. "Where did that shield come from?!" he screamed as his eyes grew bigger than the size of a melon.

With a small breath leaving through her lips Miyuki got up to her feet and melted the ice shield back to water form. Then the cool liquid began to crawl up to her arms and turned into long tentacles as extensions.

"I admit you surprise me!" Byakko admitted with an impressed tone. " Still fighting despite your frail human body!" He soon added cockily, still believing that the female figure won't stand a chance to beat him up.

"Get used to it Mr. Furrball, because I won't stop until you fall." The Urameshi girl said in a monotone tone. "So you either give up now and let us go through or I will personally send you to the gates of hell." Miyuki threatened making Byakko burst out in a good fit of laughter like he just heard the funniest thing in the world.

"You threaten me when you're in fact the one trapped?" Byakko snapped. "Like all my victims before you, my tiger scream has proven too much!" The Saint Beast snapped before chuckling lowly.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Kuwabara shouted with irritation. "You've never even hit her once, and with all those freaking blasts you missed her every single time!" The thug pointed out making Miyuki's eyes widen a little before looking around her, only to realize she has nowhere else to go to.

"Yes, but while she has been frantically running for her life, I've ensnared her!" Byakko said his own point making the female Spirit Detective turn back to her opponent with a silent glare. "Take a good look around you little doll face, I've terminated every pillar within your jumping reach. You have nowhere to go. Expect of course for the pillar I'm standing on. With all your effort, you might be able to reach me. But then I will kill you myself. " Miyuki let out a small cold air puff again as her eyes sent daggers at the monster. "Once again I'll let you choose your way to die." Byakko taunted confidently. "Either burn up in the lava or be eaten by me!"

Miyuki took a side glance at the pillar that Byakko had left next to the girl's reach.

'He missed one on purpose.' Miyuki observed as her breath began to quicken up, due to exhaustion that her body soon starts to feel. She feels her energy weakening, thanks to the technique that keeps her body and water's temperature low enough for her to be able to water bend in that hot lava pit place. 

'But if I move and inch he will probably blast it away. But then again. . .' Something clicked in her mind when she remembered those new creative methods her partner Ruby had thought her and master Yara.

The black-haired girl took a small step to the side, but Byakko immediately thought she was going for that pillar, so he wasted no time and blasted that as well with his roar. Yusuke and Kuwabara gasped while Kurama's eyes began to shake with terror. Hiei, on the other hand, showed nothing but his usual blank stare. But on the contrary, he was worried inside for the girl's safety.