3. Fights, Guns, and Polaroids

Start from the beginning

"Listen up!" Luther raised his voice, startling Aida who was still admiring Klaus's pretty black skirt, and thinking of that hot cocoa powder. "There's still a few things we need to discuss."

"Like what?" Diego spoke for the first time since the meeting began.

"Like the way he died." He responded, as if it were obvious.

Diego swung his head back down, "And here we go..."

Aida put her hand on her brow and rubbed her eyes as Vanya rightfully questioned Luther's logic, noting that the old man died of a heart attack. But Luther's only retort was, "yeah according to the coroner."

"Well wouldn't they know?" Vanya's mousy voice once again challenging Luther.

"Theoretically."

Aida scoffed, head still in hands.

"Theoretically?" Allison half questioned, half mocked, and looked up at him with disbelief.

"No, they would know." Aida said bluntly, as she rubbed her eyes again.

"Look I'm just saying: at the very least something happened. The last time I spoke to Dad he sounded strange."

"Oh, quelle surprise!" Gargled as he spoke, making Aida glance at him through her fingers, in amusement.

Allison ignored this and questioned, "Strange how?"

"He sounded on edge, told me to be careful who to trust."

Diego rose from his seat now too, and walked towards his brother as he slowly said, "Luther, he was a paranoid, bitter old man who was starting to lose what was left of his marbles."

Luther turned to him, shaking his head, "No, he must have known something was going to happen."

Aida watched the two of them, hands now moved to her jaw. Her feet pointing to the exit, body language clearly expressing a desire to be anywhere but where she was. She watched Luther begin to speak again this time at Klaus.

"Look, I know you don't like to do it, but I need you to contact Dad."

Klaus gestured to himself in confusion and Allison scoffed.

"I can't just call Dad in the afterlife and be like, 'Dad could you just stop playing tennis for a moment and take a quick call '."

A dry exhale of a laugh escaped Aida's lips which she covered with her hands.

"Since when? Thats your thing." Luther demanded.

"I'm not in the right... Frame of mind." He explained, now sitting up in his seat.

"You're high?" Alison inferred.

"Yeah," Klaus said through laughter, "I mean how are you not, listening to this nonsense." He threw his hands up and lent back into the sofa.

"Very painfully." Aida muttered in response, chin resting on her hand and eyes on the floor.

Klaus looked at her with a laugh.

"Well sober up this is important."

Klaus sighed dramatically as their dear leader continued .

"Then theres the issue of the missing monocle."

"Who gives a shit about a stupid monocle." Diego looked away from Luther as he spoke.

"Exactly. It was worthless. So whoever took it I think it was personal."

Everyone eyed Luther in confusion as he said this.

"Someone close to him. Someone with a grudge."

"Where are you going with this?" Klaus asked, in disbelief, what everyone else was thinking.