Slipped Note

It was a whispering breath of warmth upon my cold cheeks of touched morning dew, that woke me from my peaceful slumber – Where I was delighted to stay in the dark void of nothingness, rather than the panicked and stressful life that I have been forced to live forever, filled with choices and paths that I must choose between, in order to create my own fate in return for living a life so summoned.

His milky brown eyes of kindness were the first thing I saw as I fluttered my own open and like always, my first thought of the morning – Of a demanding, new day – Was about him. 

How could someone so beautiful and warm to me, be so cruel to my home? 

I allow Kylo Ren's inviting hands to roam my body from beneath the wrappings of twisted bedsheets, despite the fact that my mind is twined in a much rougher wrangling, my thoughts and decisions becoming nothing but a big mess of consequential factors which will change my future forever. 

The wedding is tomorrow and it is said that the sun will finally return to bask upon the land, ridding the green grass from the layer of soot and slight ice of last night's cold rain, and replacing it with the finest of prosperities for the united souls of the Universe. 

There's no point for me to praise the Universe for the sun, like everyone had been doing for the past days – There won't be much land for the rays to hit soon, and I am not so certain as to which sun I will bathe beneath instead. 

Kylo Ren whispered something soothing to me, but it didn't calm the static of my brain, whilst he entangled his fingers into mine and brushed his thumbs over the small, silver scars that were flickered across my hands, some from years of childhood innocence and some others laced with tragedy of labour in the orchards – But he never asked what the mere, couplings of silver were from, even if he had squinted his brown eyes to finally notice them.

I let the hazy blur escape the rapture of my gaze and lay my eyes onto him as our heads still sink into the pillows – He's a sight unlike no other in Jorkhan and my stomach does a flip when he smiles in that simple way he only does to me – Though, my guts drop when I hear the hush of my conscience, tell me to leave with him and let Anwar, Ruby, The Prince and all of Jorkhan, perish – For they were never kind to me, at least, not like he is. 

He's going to kill all of Jorkhan! – How dare my heartstrings coil around Kylo Ren, and the beat replace itself with an almighty cry to stay by his side forevermore?

No – No, I have to leave with Anwar. I have to leave with The Resistance and forget Kylo Ren... No matter how much of an indentation will be torn from my heart and soul, for the rest of his forgotten eternity. 

I grin meekly back to him, grateful that he hasn't pried through our mutual agreement and bond, to read the inner tangling of my thoughts – Then, I hum to myself and roll over, only for him to pull my spine closer into his toned chest. I suppose this would be a nice feeling to wake up to, every morning, but it is something that I will never get again – Even if in the slightest chance of in the future, I forgive Anwar and we rekindle passed whatever we once had – So I might as well enjoy this whilst it lasts.

He speaks low about the slight chill to the air and how grand tomorrow's weather will be as we slip our rings onto each-other's fingers, but little does he know that I will be long gone before then – Truely, among the stars. 

Through the breezing lace curtains that hang from the stone ceiling of the bedroom which meets the opening of the grand balcony, the wintry morning is ever-lasting, as if the icy touch is bellowing through the lace to farewell me before my secret departure when the sun is to make its peak in the blue sky of tomorrow.