New Quarters

Footsteps pattering above the hardwood floors and the rustling of fabrics and cardboard, awaken me from my foggy slumber. I had cried beneath the sheets all night long, until I drew on a migraine and became dehydrated, eventually falling limply asleep shortly after. The sheets were still sprawled above my head and the opened curtains and balcony, bring in the light from a new day which sinks through the thick duvet that blocks me from the four servants.

Sighing and shedding the sleep from my brain, all I can dwell upon is how rough my life had become even though I know sleep upon soft, silk sheets with feathered pillows.

When the harsh gaze of brown eyes, burn into my opened vision, I shake the memory of Kylo Ren from my mind, or else I will weaken beneath these heavy fabrics and never truely tear them away.

Slowly and reluctantly, I uncover my face. I blink, close my eyes, and blink again. Streaks of sunlight penetrate the bedroom and blind me for a split second until a young servant walks in front of the sun's rays and blocks it as she carries over some of my undergarments and places them in a small box. I sit up, drag my feet off the bed, and rub my knuckles onto my eyes. I stretch my arms above my head and yawn.

My legs dangle above the crimson, polyester carpet that lays around my bed, as I furrow my brows to the servant, speaking with a groggy voice that rasped its way through my throat, "What are you doing?"

The servant girl looks up to me, almost perplexed that I had spoken to her. She's unfamiliar, with her blonde hair that is bunched up messily behind her headscarf and her uniform is slightly grimy with dust and brushes along the thighs of the fabric, as if she had a habit of wiping her dirty hands on her clothes. Maybe, the servants of the Kingdom had a hierarchy? Maybe, she was new and they made her do all of the dirty jobs that the older workers didn't wish to... At least, that was the way it was back at the orchard.

She swallows and shakes her head but is unsure with herself as she stops all movements quickly. She's nervous, incredibly. And for a short second, I am wondering why her lips are quivering and why her knuckles are turning white around my clothes; Until I remember that I am supposably, the Princess of Jorkhan.

"Y-Your Highness –" The servant stutters, "It is upon orders that we relocate your belongings to another room."

Flinching my face back and contorting my face, I run a hand through my hair in a habit I always did when I was uncomfortable or uncertain, but my hand only gets stuck an inch above my roots when the knots of sorrowful, tossing a twisting, meet my curled fingers.

I glance around the Princess' bedroom, noticing the bare space of where the paintings once hung and my now empty closet. None of the belongings that were being packed away, were ever and will never be mine and neither will this bedroom – But that didn't stop the rise of unease that burned like a heartache in my chest at the thought of relocating rooms, when already this whole Kingdom is so unfamiliar.

"Another room?" I croak, glancing back to the servant girl, "Where?"

The girl bites her bottom lip and tears a nervous mark in the chapped flesh and when she flinches at the taste of blood, she bows her head to the floor in hopes that I do not notice. "Kylo Ren's quarters, Princess."

Her words fall and echo upon the hardwood floors like a penny falling in slow motion to the ground, only I am not jolting to pick up the piece of silver before someone else does, instead, I let the words tap and swirl among the ground, loudly and bringing a ring to my ear with the anxiety that sings in their tone.

Kylo Ren's quarters.

I am being relocated to Kylo Ren's quarters.

The dread creeps over me like an icy chill, numbing my brain, flooding and then freezing over my system. My heat begins to pump and beat like it's trying to escape my chest and my eyes widen with as much fear as the servant below me.