Chapter 21

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." - ALBERT EINSTEIN

I was facing the mirror while my hair stylist are doing some braids to my hair. My make up is already done and I'm just waiting for my hairstyle to be finished then I will wear my first gown. It was navy lace applique off shoulder ball gown.

My Mom entered the dressing room. My debut venue is in JECHS Grand Pavilion. She is with tito Jero, my real father. I still call him tito because it is a bit awkward. I used to call him tito before and I said that it's hard for me to adjust and gladly he said that he'll wait for me recognized him as my real father.

"Oh, look Jero. Our daughter is so beautiful." my Mom said with her teary eyes. I look at her and my forehead creased. "You are about to cry, why Ma?" I asked and she wiped her tears. "You're in the legal age Aziel. I can't believe this. Parang kahapon lang nahihirapan pa akong patulugin ka 'nung baby ka pa tapos ngayon-

"Ma, magdedebut lang po ako hindi pa ako ikakasal." I said and tito Jero laugh. "Overacting lang talaga 'yang mama mo." he said and my Mom glared at us and then we laughed.

After a couple of minutes, finally. I'm here in front of a wall mirror and looking for my final look. They did a great job nagmukha na akong tao ngayon. After taking a few photoshoots my stylist said that I should prepare now.

Oh my ghaad! I'm so nervous. This is it! I held a deep breath before I go out of the dressing room. I heard the host is introducing me and giving some of my background informations. My heart beat rapidly. Pakiramdam ko tinatambol ang dibdib ko sa sobrang kaba.

I looked at one of the staff assisting me. "Yes po?" she politely asked. "Where's my escort?" I asked. Eion didn't send me a message nor greet me on text or in social media. "He's waiting for you downstairs Ma'am." she answer and I just nodded. My hands are getting cold in nervous.

"Tonight is a celebration of adulthood and a thanksgiving of the life God has given to our lovely celebrant. Let us put our hands together, as we welcome the main highlight of this celebration, and as she stepped into a higher level of life, ladies and gentlemen, our debutant, Aziel Zyair Rogers." the host started.

I started walking and stepping down the stairs. I'm literally shaking. I was in the middle of going downstairs when I look at the man in front of the stair. I gulped and my heart was starting to pound loud and faster. He is so handsome. He's wearing a black polo and a maroon suit. His hair is little bit messy that made him more look hotter. I didn't notice that I was left stunned with him until I heard him called my name. I continue stepping and finally I reach his place.

"You're so. . .

Gorgeous Aziel." he uttered and there I feel the butterflies in my stomach. Nanlalambot ako sa mga titig niya. Pakiramdam ko bigla nalang akong hihimatayin kapag may sinabi pa siyang ibang salita.

"You're also handsome. . .

And hot." I said and I saw him blink. I also saw him gulped. He smiled at me and offer his arms. I curve my hands to his arms and we started walking in front. After he accompanied me to my chair the program started. My tita Maddie leads the prayer.

"To fill the room with music while we are having our dinner, we will be serenaded by City Lights Band. Bon appétit!" the host said and we started our dinner.

Music In – City Lights Band

"Like a pretty flower that attracts bees and butterflies, Aziel will be surrounded by 18 equally handsome gentlemen who will represent the debutant’s 18 tulips. This flower equates the traditional 18 roses during debuts. For a quick trivia, tulips is Aziel’s favorite flower. Starting off with: