"He should have spoken up." I chocked, tears welling up in my throat.

"It's not that easy. Unlike you, you had your family stand by you through out your traumatic experience but we can't say about Mateo because we don't know. You said yourself, he and his mum are not close. Uncle Taju is trying but he can't be everywhere at the same time-

Mateo needs more than just therapy, he needs love and he found that in Skye even though he didn't know. Everything that has happened in the past month leading to this point has just been a bunch of unfortunate events, none of which is any body's fault, especially not yours." She stated matter-of-factly, her gaze not wavering from mine. I found my lips spread up in a smile.

"I like it when you talk like this." I stated and she chuckled.

"You had better. I'm trying to make you feel better." She said. I cocked my head playfully to the side.

"Well, there is one more thing that can make me feel better." I whispered, my hands coming to wrap around her waist, pulling her closer. She giggled, her palm still cradling my face.

"Oh yeah? What's that?" She wiggled her eyebrows goofily and I laughed.

"How about I show you, hmm." I told her, leaning in and letting my nose graze hers gently before pressing my lips against hers.

This kiss was slow, like we were memorizing what it felt like again. Elyon's fingers caressed the back of my neck as she patted her lips, giving me the go ahead to taste her. Pulling her bottom lip between my lips, my tongue sensually explored hers, passionately. My hand wrapped tightly around her waist, pulling her body against mine.

I love Elyon.

She brought out the best in me. She made me happy.

And I didn't want to loose that happiness.

Not for any reason...

And definitely not for anyone.

She tugged against my lips as she pulled away slightly, pressed her forehead against mine and nuzzled her nose with mine. I pulled her impossibly closer, flushing her body against mine. We tried to catch our breath. Tongue tied, I moved my hand to cup her face.

"I love you." I muttered, not sure of what else to say. I looked into her eyes, saw a fleck of surprise but it was gone as quickly as it had appeared. A small smile spread across her face.

"You can tell me how much you love me when we are not standing in a toilet." She teased and I couldn't help but laugh. I wasn't going to rush her to say it back. I just needed her to know.

"Where is my son!" The familiar voice yelled interrupted us. Elyon and I exchanged a looked before we dashed out.

****

Uncle Taju had come in frantic and disorientated. His eyes were blood shot and his breathing was erratic. He was shouting at a nurse who in turn was trying to calm him down when Elyon and I came out the lavatory. I tried to calm him down the best way I could but man was a mess.

A big mess.

It wasn't easy knowing your son was fighting for his life, barely hanging by a thread.

The doctor came out of the theatre and gave us some not so great. Mateo's wrist had been stitched and bandaged but the stab at his side wasn't coming off easy. Apparently, the sharp object he had used to stab himself had cut deep into his system, damaging a blood vessel. He needed blood and he needed one fast.

Unfortunately, uncle Taju was no match.

"What's his blood group?" Elyon asked the doctor.

"After the test, we found out that he's a B- and you his father is a AB which isn't compatible." The doctor said, his voice going a notch lower.