Sighing and pulling off my singlet vest at the same time, I turned on the faucet and squirted liquid soap on my hands. I began to rinse the blood off, my mind in turmoil. I was still trying to wrap my head around the events of the past hour but it seemed impossible, very impossible.

My best friend slit his own wrist and stabbed his side.

My sister is unconscious because she thinks, somehow, she had caused this.

I just yelled at the love of my life because I couldn't get my shit together.

Everything seemed so unreal, something I have never thought of happening, especially to Mateo.

The events of the past hour has made me question the level of friendship I had with Mateo. How come I didn't see through his facade. How can I be best friends with someone for more than ten years and still know nothing about him while he knew absolutely everything about me?.

"Jamal..." A knock on the door and Elyon's voice snapped me out of my train of thoughts. A knock came again."Are you in there?" She asked again.

"Yes." Was my simple reply. The knob turned as she opened the door, making her way in. She came in completely and bolted the door, preventing anyone from coming in. I couldn't bring myself to look at her after the stunt I pulled but I saw everything through the mirror.

"Are you okay?" She asked me, standing at arms length with her hand folded across her chest. I didn't respond, my head hung down. I heard her sigh before I felt her hand wrap around my bare middle. I sighed, suddenly feeling lightheaded.

That familiar magic touch.

"I'm sorry." I muttered but she only hummed in response, hands still wrapped around me.

I sucked in a breath when I felt her lips press against my bare back. Goosebumps suddenly appeared on my skin, my heart began to thump loudly. She didn't seem to be fazed at my reaction to her touch. She kept pressing dainty kisses and butterfly kisses to my back. My hand gripped the edge of the basin as I fought back a groan that was about to escape from my lips.

She was trying to make me forget for a little while, like always.

"I've never felt so useless in my life." I told her, her soft breathing fanning the skin of my back as we didn't change our position.

"My best friend was battling with shit and I had no fücking idea until it got to this stage." I continued. "Not just that, My sister is unconscious and I decided to snap at you."

"I'm not angry with you, Jamal." She finally responded, her hands still wrapped around my middle. I sighed, standing up right and turned around to face her. She had a ghost of a smile on her face.

"What I did wasn't cool. I snapped at you and pushed you..." I told her and she scoffed out a laugh, interrupting me.

"And I'm not complaining." She stated, her hands not leaving it's place around my waist. She looked at me in the eyes, unwavering.

"Considering the situation we are in at the moment, whatever reaction you give, I'll take it. I understand what you are going through, at least a fraction of it and your lash outs are justified. I just need you to understand that none of what is happening is your fault." She stated but I disagreed, shaking my head.

"I should have known something was up with Mateo. I should have at least seen something, anything. He was doing therapy. He was fine! What went wrong." I asked frantically.

"Hey, chill. Look at me." Elyon brought her dainty fingers to my face. "Mateo is complicated. He has BPD, a very complex disorder which makes it difficult to read him even if you tried." She explained.