s2 e13: "it's just you and me"

Start from the beginning

"that's the creepiest waiter i've ever seen" cristina laughed.

"bailey's gonna lose her mind, she can't stand clowns. this is gonna be hilarious" kelsey laughed.

"bailey's not coming" meredith announced.

"what?" kelsey and callie said in unison. "wait, we can do that? i have been dreading having to be in the same room with arizona but if this isn't mandatory i'm going home" callie said.

"me too, i hate circuses" cristina said, grabbing her purse and standing up from the barstool.

"wait, no no no, nobody's going home. i'm giving 10 percent of tonight's earnings to the department who raises the most money, spread the word" jackson said as he walked up to them.

"well arizona should be here soon so i'll see you at home" she said, patting jackson's chest as she walked past him, only for him to pull her back.

"no, you're my fiancée, you have to stay for the photo ops" jackson said, kissing her forehead before walking away, leaving her with a pout as she sat back at the bar.

"derek is really good at this kind of thing, i should get started before he does"

"looks like he already has" kelsey said, nodding her head towards derek who was entertaining the group of people surrounding him by juggling. meredith glared at him before walking up to him, prompting everyone to go their separate ways.

"so. 10 percent. you know, the daycare's a little underfunded at the moment, not to mention to NICU expenses such as formula, blankets, little hats—" kelsey started as she walked up to jackson.

"i'm not giving you the 10 percent just because your my fiancée, kelsey" jackson said a chuckle.

"you sure?" she asked with a raised eyebrow as she slipped her hands into his jacket, running her index fingers along the rim of his belt.

"i'm not letting you bribe me with sex either"

"you're no fun" she frowned before pulling her phone out of her clutch and going to her text conversation with arizona.

"this is warm" kelsey sent her message and looked up to see jackson with a glass of champagne in his hand.

"yeah, big bird over there said there's no ice. miscommunication between the caterer and the venue" kelsey said, referring the party planner jackson hired.

"cooling blankets. we have some back at the hospital. they can bring a patient's tempt down in minutes. no reason they can't chill a bottle"

"jackson that's ridiculous"

"then it's right on theme for the night. i can't leave, could run to the hospital and grab some please?"

"okay. three things. 1, i didn't do this makeup and let you call me a mop just to transport cooling blankets. 2, i've been drinking. and 3, i really wanna see this" kelsey said, pointing over at the two women about to climb the ropes connected to the ceiling.

"come on kelsey. i'll make it up to you" he said in her ear as he moved behind her, wrapping an arm around her waist as he kissed her cheek.

"i'm not gonna let you bribe me with sex" kelsey quoted him from earlier, taking another sip from her glass.

"kelsey" he said once more with an sigh. she sighed and handed her glass to him.

"love you" he called out to her as she started to walk away.

"yeah, yeah" she said, waving him off before walking out of the gala.

┊͙♥┊͙
"𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟"