"right..." mutters hyunjoon a little too loudly. eric gasps, slapping his arm.

"dude!"

hyori rolls her eyes. "we're friends now."

"yeah," says sunwoo, bumping arms with the girl. "juju and i are besties now."

hyori cringes. "ew," she said, "you did not just say that, sunwoo."

"oh," the boy laughs, "but i did."

"you're lame."

"no, you're lame!"

they argue as they leave haknyeon, eric, and hyunjoon dumbfounded. haknyeon turns towards eric and hyunjoon.

"they're friends now?"

hyunjoon raises his hands. "don't look at me," he says. "i didn't know about this until today."

haknyeon glances towards eric; the boy shakes his head.

"huh," says haknyeon. "i don't know if i should be worried or happy about this..."

˚◞♡ ⃗*ೃ༄

with the clipboard over her head, hyori squints at hyunjoon and eric making their way towards her.

"so," says hyunjoon, walking up to the railing in front of hyori, leaning on it as he speaks. "who ranked higher this year?"

"i dunno," the girl replies. "ask yongbok. he's in charge of keeping score of the boys in our class this time."

the boys groans, begrudgingly heading towards the blonde boy to find out which of them placed higher than the other. at the same time, sunwoo jogs over towards the girl, a boyish grin plastered on his lips.

he jumps on the fence in front of the third row of the bleachers, hanging onto it as he leans over to speak to hyori.

"hey," he chirps.

hyori purses her lips, shoving the clipboard in front of sunwoo's face. he swats it away.

"don't be so rude, juju." sunwoo whines.

the girl scoffs. "then don't go shoving your face in front of mine."

"aw," he coos, poking her cheek with his pointer finger. "is someone starting to like me?"

hyori gags. "in your dreams, kim sunwoo."

sunwoo laughs before he speaking. "are you going to see the boys' soccer game against the other class?" he asks.

"nope," she says. "yongbok and i will be in charge of keeping score for the girls' game. donghyuck and yeji are in charge of the boys' game."

the boy groans. "donghyuk is keeping score for the boys' game? juju, he's going to rob our class of some points! you know how donghyuk is," sunwoo huffs before continuing, "that little bitch always cheats."

hyori sighs, waving the boy away. "go tell yongbok to switch with yeji so that she'll watch the girls' game with me. you can rely on him," she says. "he's pretty competitive, and won't let donghyuck get away with cheating."

"don't you think you should watch my game, though?" sunwoo asks, tilting his head to look up at the sky as he grabs his chin. "i mean, it'd help everyone believe that we're actually friends? plus, i heard that a certain guy with the surname moon will be nearby—"

"yongbok!" yells hyori, waving the boy over. yongbok goes over to the girl, hyunjoon and eric trailing after him as they whisper between themselves.

"yeah?" the boy says as he stops at the foot of the bleachers.