"He left because he loves you. He did it for you. I know you don't know him but dude, you have no idea what that man went through just to protect you. You wouldn't be standing here today if it wasn't for him."

Brena's lips part slightly in guilt, feeling speechless. She gulps nervously, taking her gaze to the tile floor. Everyone in the waiting room turns their attention to Valentina and Brena. Though they didn't overhear the whole conversation, the tension could be felt from where they sat.

Henry wants to go and ensure that they were okay but he's too exhausted. He slowly massages his head as it begins throbbing. Nurse Renèe looks away awkwardly as Valentina continues to speak.

"Now I know I shouldn't be taking out my anger on you but If I were you in your shoes right now, I would do anything to save my family."

Listening to the contemplations inside of her head after Valentina's compelling speech, Brena starts to weigh out her options. There's a resistance to build a relationship with Steven. She's scared to get close to him then something happens and he walks out of her life again. She doesn't want to be angry with him but she can't help it. She understands it was all Kevin's fault but deep down, Brena knows Valentina's right. Maybe saving his life would help to give her the answers she wanted.

The death of Katerina has affected Valentina emotionally and she's still in the grieving stage. Although she keeps herself busy with work and school, there wasn't a day that went by that she didn't miss her mother. Katerina was her best friend. Seeing Brena's attitude to the situation is triggering for her. She wishes she was given the option to save Katerina's life. Then she wouldn't be all alone.

Brena clears her throat, suddenly thirsty. She avoids Valentina's intense stare before quietly walking over to the nurse once she makes her decision.

"I'm ready." She says confidently.

Nurse Renèe nods and takes Brena into a room to perform a blood type test. In less than 10 minutes, the result comes in. The regretful burden Brena dragged into the room disappeared when she finds out that her blood type is O negative. The same as Steven's.

She couldn't help but smile, feeling grateful.

"This is a long procedure so if you want to go grab a book, tablet, or anything to keep you occupied, then you're free to do so." The nurse advises.

Brena shakes her head, rejecting the offer. "It's fine. I'm good with my phone."

"That works too." The nurse smiles. "Let's go."

As they enter the second room for the transfusion, Brena pulls out her phone and sends a quick text message to both Henry and Valentina, notifying them that she's a match.

Brena sits up straight on the burgundy leather chair, rolling up the sleeves of her sweater. Nurse Renèe stood in front of her with a clipboard clasped in her hand. "Have you eaten yet?" She asks Brena.

"Yeah, I had hot chocolate and a bag of chips not too long ago." Brena replies.

"Good." She hands over a clipboard and a pen to Brena. "Just fill out this form and sign right," she points to the straight line at the bottom of the sheet. "Here and we can get started."

When Brena finishes the signature process, Nurse Renèe checks her blood pressure. She gives Brena a red stress ball to squeeze before attaching the 18- gauge butterfly needle on top of the tiny tube.