The king and his queen

'Alastegiel' His raw voice sings in my ears. Sadness slips through it and i feel wetness on my cheek.
Tears.
I try to open my eyes and within a couple of what feel like minutes, i open them slightly. I look straight at Aragorn's weary face. Tears stream down his cheeks as he breathes out. 'Thank Elbereth' He whispers.  I smile and he cups my cheeks. 'Mellamin' his words are whispers on his lips as he bows forward. His lips are soft and demanding as they touch mine. I sigh in happiness. Softly he pulls back as i rest my head on my pillow. 'I thought..' His voice falters and tears are shining in his eyes again. Freely they fall and this time, i sit slightly up. I bow towards him and swipe the tears away. Aragorn smiles. 'Alastegiel. I, we..' This is one of the first times that he is lost for words. My king knows always what to say, but now. He stands from his chair and sits down on the bed next to me. His arms slips around me and i am pulled again his chest. 'Frodo and Sam are save. Gandalf rescued them of Mount Doom and now they are here, in Imladris. 'They are here?' My voice is raw and it hurts a bit to speak. Aragorn notices that and reaches to a nightstand. He offers me a cup what seems like to be water. 'Lord Elrond made this for you. You where  unconscious for a week and a half. Drink, my love' He rambles as he presses the cup in my hand. I take it and i drink it slowly. The flavor is something i never tasted before, but it eases my stomach. Aragorn takes the cup from me and sets it back on the nightstand. 'Rest my love' He whispers as he pulls me tighter against him. I lay my head against his chest once more and i close my still tired eyes. Aragorn starts to murmur softly in my ear. 'Will you be my wife, my love?' My eyes grow wide. I look up at his handsome face. 'A thousand times yes' Aragorn smiles brightly and kisses me softly. I lay my head again against his chest and with the rhythm of his heart i fall asleep.

{}

'Ready?' Aragorn asks me as I mount my horse. 'I am so excited but also nervous' I say truthfully. The thought that i am becoming a queen. The queen of Gondor. Faramir, the brother of Boromir is named steward and prince of Ithilien. I heard from Aragorn that he and Éowyn are a couple now. And i am so happy for her. And also relived because now I don't have to worry about her liking Aragorn. 'Alastegiel!' I look up to my king, he is already dressed, still in his ranger clothes and sits on his horse. Guards of Gondor are surrounding us. I look over the plain grass lands and if you look closely, you can see the white city.
We are traveling for a week now and we travel fast. Two weeks after i first awoke in Imladris, Aragorn decided that it was time. He couldn't delay he coronation any longer. Frodo and Sam, Pippin and Merry are already with Mithrandir, Legolas and Gimli in Gondor. Preparing everything for the both of us. Because Aragorn had already a crown, but a crown for a queen.. The original crown was lost long ago, so Gimli offered to make one. Legolas took care of the jewelry. Elf and dwarf.. I chuckle at the thought. 'Ready?' Aragorn asks me. 'Yes, lead the way!' I say as he smiles at me. The guards ride next to me and for and behind us. Protecting us. It is a save thought that they are here. Especially what Aragorn told me. There are still groups of orcs roaming the lands. With full speed we ride towards Gondor. And i can see that the Pelennor fields are becoming green again. Men and women are working on the lands. This makes me smile. Aragorn who ride in the front of our little party, looks back at me. And i see that he is happy too. This are his people, our people now. We ride through the open gates and the people of Gondor cheer happily as they see that Aragorn has returned. We ride to the top level, where the house of the king is located. When we arrive i see that Legolas and Gimli are waiting on us. 'Alastegiel!' Legolas says enthusiastically and helps me of my horse. He grins happily as he sets me down. 'You scared us mellon' he says and embraces me. I return the embrace and turn to Gimli. The dwarf looks in awe at me. 'Your majesty' He says with a grin and i sink down on my knees to hug him. 'Come, the others are waiting us' Aragorn says, dismissing the guards and taking my hand in his. With my friends, we walk inside. There, before the throne, what now belongs to Aragorn are standing my four brave hobbits. And Mithrandir of course. 'Alastegiel!' The four of them yell and i rush towards them. Sinking on my knees. The first one i hug is Frodo. My brave Frodo. His embrace is tight and he lays his head on my shoulder. Frodo starts sobbing and my fellowship stands around us, most of them with tears in their eyes. 'Oh my dear Frodo. How brave you are. So brave' my arms tighten around him. Frodo becomes silent and after a while he pulls back. His eyes are red and puffy but he smiles. He swipes my own tears away. 'You too. I heard what Sauron did Alastegiel' he looks to the other three Hobbits. 'What all of you did. Without you, Sam and I never made it' He looks at Pippin and Merry and Sam smiles. 'Ow Sam' Frodo walks towards Mithrandir and Sam hugs me. 'My Lady'
'Alastegiel, Sam. We are family' he grins as he pulls back and Pippin and Merry run in my arms. 'Hi guys' I whisper. After a time we pull back and Aragorn helps me back on my feet. 'Come Mellamin' I say goodnight to the others and Mithrandir winks at me.
'Time flies' I chuckle as Aragorn and I enter our room. 'Yes it does' He says and takes me in his arms. 'I know it is the custom that bride and groom don't sleep in the same bed before the wedding. But i cannot be parted from you. I shall lay next to you and hold you and that every night after this' His words make me melt as i kiss him. 'I would love that'

{}

In the morning we are awoken by our maids and Legolas. He grins at us and shakes almost invisible his head. The maids have a blush on their cheeks. I have something to explain later... Aragorn takes goodbye with a soft kiss and Leglas takes him to another room. I go to the toilet and take a bath without my maids. When i am dry and dressed in my underwear and slip dress. The maidens are dressing me in a beautiful white dress, made with lace. The dress hugs my figure and i feel really like a princess. Then they begin with my hair. They make a half updo and as last fasten a veil in my hair. White flat shoes and i am ready.
'My lady, as i may be so blunt' One of the maidens says. 'You look like a queen' I smile at her. 'Thank you so much' And we are quite on time, because there is a knock on my door and Frodo and Sam open the door. 'Wow' I hear Merry say. 'You look like a queen!' Pippin says happily. 'We are here to collect you Alastegiel' Frodo says with a smile and i see his dimples.
Elbereth, Hanon le.
Frodo and Merry take my hand on both sides and Sam walk in the front and Pip in the back. I hear the trumpets as the doors to the courtyard open. I freeze as i see how many people are there. It all of Gondor! 'Come Alastegiel' Frodo squeezes my hand as he leads me to the platform Mithrandir stands on. 'We have our own spot. Aragorn made sure of that!' Sam says as the boys disappear in the crowd. 'My, you look stunning Alastegiel. You mother would be so proud' I hear suddenly and as i turn, i see Galadriel. 'You are here!' I say happily as she embraces me. 'I wouldn't miss it' She says and kisses my forehead. 'I am so proud of you' She says in my head as she, also, disappears in the crowd. Again trumpets sound and the doors open again. 'Aragorn' I whisper and Mithrandir smiles at me. Aragorn looks in awe at me as he takes his place the opposite of me. 'People of Gondor. Honored guest. Welcome in this time of new fought peace. We celebrate this with a wedding!' Mithrandirs voice echoes over the courtyard. He turns to Aragorn. 'Aragorn, do you take Alastegiel to be your wife. In good days and the bad. To love her and be with her until the end of your days?'
'I do' His strong voice sounds. 'And you Alastegiel. Do you take Aragorn to be your husband. In good days and the bad. To love him and be with him until the end of your days?'
'I do' I say and i am surprised how steady my voice is. Aragorn smiles with happiness as Gimli comes forward with the rings. Aragorn takes the one for me and i for him. We put on the rings. 'Now you may kiss your bride' Mithrandir says. Aragorn grins and pulls me towards him. He kisses me with passion and smiles in the kiss. 'Mine' He growls. I laugh as we pull away. Now it is time for the coronation. I am first. I sink down on my knees before Mithrandir. He takes the new made crown from the cushion; it is made out of silver and jewels. A crown worthy of a queen. Mithrandir places the crown on my head. 'Now come the days of the queen, may they be blessed. Raise queen Alastegiel, wife of Aragorn' Now it is Aragorn turn. He too kneels before Mithrandir. The crown is placed on his head. 'Now come the days of the king. May the be blessed' Aragorn rises and turns to address the crowd. 'This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world... that we may share in the days of peace' Aragorn takes my hand and together we walk down the stairs. My king starts to sing. 'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta' (Out of the Great Sea to Middle-Earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.)
We are greeted by Faramir and Éowyn, who bow for us. Also King Éomer and then Legolas, who stand with a group of elves. I can see Elrond and Arwen! Legolas and Aragorn place their hands on each other's shoulders. 'Hannon Le' Aragorn says. 'I know mellon' Legolas says with a smile. Aragorn and I proceed and at last we come to the four hobbits, who are bowing awkwardly for us. 'My friends! You bow to no one' Aragorn states and he bows before the hobbits. I and everyone else does the same. Because they are the true heroes of our story.