Battle of Beliefs

Start from the beginning

Todoroki started to leave with Midoriya stopping him one last time. "Having something like that done to you by someone that's supposed to love and protect you is the hardest thing, but is your mother alive?" "What does that have to do with this?" "Just answer the question." Todoroki was a tad annoyed while he answered. "Yes. She was put in a mental hospital after she did what she did." "Did you ever go see her?" "....No. I'm afraid I might bring back bad memories for her." "Have you ever thought that she might feel horrible for what she did to the point she thinks the reason you don't see her is because you hate her?" "I don't though! I don't blame her!" "Then why haven't you've gone to explain that to her!?" He looked away while answering. "I...I feel as if it's my fault she snapped." "But you just said it was your father's fault." "It might be...I don't know." "Look Todoroki, not going there right now to see her is the same as saying you hate her for what she did." "But I don'-" "Maybe you don't, but your mother may think you do and that you're not going there to visit her because you hate her. She sounded scared from how you explained the situation, so she's probably afraid right now that you were hurt to the point you want nothing to do with her.This isn't what you should think is right. You need to talk to your mother and get things straightened out. If you don't, you may find yourself in a point in life where you can't fix the relationship with her anymore."

My mind went to my relationship with Midoriya where the time between when he stole my quirk and when he came back into my life only made the hate for him fester and grow. Todoroki said nothing after this and walked away. I started to leave too before I heard Midoriya say something. "Uraraka, I'm sorry." I went pale thinking he found me before seeing him place his head on the wall. "If Overhaul didn't get to me when he did, maybe I could've fixed everything before it got this far. I'm sorry." He fell to his knees starting to cry a bit. I've seen him tormented, angered, and frightened before, but the incident right now is taking the cake. 'Why can't I tell him It's ok? God damn my stubbornness.' I walked away thinking of his comment about me just taking my quirk back. 'Maybe accepting him will at least make things a little better and get us to stop going to those stupid therapy sessions.'

Tenko POV:

"That'll be 780 yen." "Here. Keep the change." I decided to go for one of the local vendors outside for lunch and grab a tray of takoyaki. 'Seeing Kraken in action kinda made me crave octopus. Hope this tastes as good as it looks.' I began eating with the taste really enjoyable. 'The flavor's amazing. The guy really outdid himself.' "Nice to see you again, young Shigaraki." "Aww cwap." I spoke with a mouth full of food to see All Might stand beside me. "*gulp* What do you want All Might and whatever it is, can we make it fast? I don't have a lot of time for lunch." I began walking to the stadium with him beside me. "Young Midoriya seems to be rather strong." "He's worked hard." "And has quite the arsenal of quirks." "Just because he has a lot of them doesn't mean he's going to be like his fa-" All Might stopped me right as we were about to enter the stadium. "You and I both know he's struggling to keep himself in tact. Maybe we should give him a psych eval before he continues in school. Just for the safety of the students." "Maybe we should send Uraraka for one too. Her form of rage against Midoriya seems to be a little over the top. Also, you should already know that not all the heroes in Japan are technically 'sane' compared to everyone else."

He began to glare at me in agitation with me glaring back. "You honestly think a boy that rips himself apart doesn't need a psych eval and my daughter who has every reason to hate young Midoriya does?" "I think Uraraka has her morals wrong or confused at this moment. They were kids when this happened, kids have accidents with their quirks, and Izuku is trying to fix his. Your daughter going at him like an egotistical maniac doesn't help this. She's just as much to blame for the bad blood between both of them as Izuku is." I elbowed him out of the way to begin walking away. He stopped me by grabbing my shoulder though. "Nothing personal, but I honestly think her ideals as my successor is understandable. AFO causes nothing but-" "I'm not saying he doesn't cause problems for everyone he comes across! Have you taken a good hard look at me, Nezu, and Izuku!?" I was fit to be tied now after hearing this. I turned to start poking the buff blond's chest in anger. "It's a challenge for all three of us to get out of our beds in the morning knowing that we were held captive by that megalomaniac for years. Yet you and your daughter have the audacity to call us the villains when we're just as much victims as you. Just because you gave her OFA, doesn't mean she's a worthy successor and neither are her ideals worthy of praise."