2. The First Meeting

- Each young Magizoologist is assigned to a team of roughly eight. - He explained, adjusting the glasses on his nose. - You will be in the fourth sector, Miss Lovegood, which is mainly assigned to wooded, green areas, mammals and birds.

     Both walked through the door to the room which was occupied by a desk, cupboards, two chairs. It would look really ordinary were it not for the tapestries with detailed drawings and descriptions of magical creatures, hanging on the walls, a glass ceiling that was supposed to imitate the surface of water and animal tusks, embedded in resin and carefully sorted on low shelves by the wall. The young man brushed his hair back from his face and continued his statement:

- Sit down here and wait, your team representative will be here shortly. He will show you around the building, explain everything in detail, describe the work, understand? To tell you the truth, you are one of our youngest cadets who passed all the tests, so I think that with such a head you don't need much to explain, but you know the procedure. - He smiled at her, but the girl herself was not able to say what this smile was characterized by. - And remember that your uniform and name badge will also be ready soon, so I won't get lost together for a couple of hours, okay, Miss Lovegood? Remind my supervisor of this.

- It's all clear, sir. - Her dreamy voice sounded when she was finally able to break the brunet's monologue. - Thank you, Mr. Rox.

     The adult boy smiled a little embarrassed and told her when she was leaving, "Please call me by my name. It's Luther ". He was exceptionally kind to an inexperienced girl. After the young blonde left the room, she looked around the room. Everything seemed so interesting to her, but she didn't know if she was allowed to touch anything. Finally, she got up from her chair and went to the desk on which there were some notes and a journal signed R.N.S. Luna definitely didn't know a person with such initials, at least not yet. Her attention was focused on a pen lying between the pages of the journal, it was long and red, and its tip was perfectly prepared for writing, although it had been used for a long time. 

     Unfortunately, meditating on this pen was interrupted by the sound of turning the handle and opening the door. As Lovegood turned towards the door, she saw a tall, slightly panting man. At first glance, he was a few years older than her, very well built, his dark dreadlocks resting on his shoulders, and his golden eyes stood out against his face and crow beard. When he walked through the door and calmed his breath, he looked at the young girl and scanned her.

- Hello Lady, you must be our new member right? - He asked in a hoarse, low voice. He came over and extended his hand to the girl and shook her one. - It is said that you only graduated from Hogwarts this year with phenomenal grades in the Care of Magical Creatures, right?

- That's right Sir, my name is Luna Lovegood. - Luna thought she saw some admiration in his eyes. Admiration or...  a little jealousy?

- Ah forgive me my manners. Let's call each other by name like everyone else on my team, okay? I am Rolf Scamander. - The man, despite the change in tone of voice, did not seem embarrassed. He added in a slightly irritated voice. - Yes, that Scamander. I prefer to anticipate this question.

     The couple sat down and began an interview. Luna did not judge the boy by the prism of his name, and he did not judge her by a rather... interesting sense of style. It is true that at first he was quite surprised, but he had to admit that he talked quite well with the young Lovegood. She was down-to-earth, intelligent, and definitely liked animals, which was very important to Scamander. He wanted his team to be harmonious and composed of the best.

     During the conversation, Rolf showed Luna a diary from the table, which contained the meticulous terms of magizoological explorations, written in a phoenix pen. It was incredibly interesting. After a few minutes, they both got up and left the room as Scamander reminded Luna that he had to show her around the station and then introduce her to the rest of the team. Of course, they couldn't forget about the uniform as well, because Luther would never let him forget about it.

...

- She's too young for you, old  man! - Luther said in an amused voice, closing the window through which the cold night air flowed into the room.

- Oh, quiet. - The irritated swarthy boy said, rolling his eyes. - Can't I really even tell you that someone is cute?" Anyway ... Just because she's cute doesn't mean I have to marry her and have kids with her, okay? She is... just cute. And she is just my c o w o r k e r.